ARENA Ixem [Provisional Title] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viemärirotta

sniffer
aa
Feb 5, 2016
Could there be a bridge on mid? I don't like getting forced to swim accross.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Not only that, Pyros have the Neon Anihilator. You don't have to be fully submerged for it to crit either.

Viemärirotta

sniffer
aa
Feb 5, 2016
I remember repacking bottleneck's a3 with the result being like under 600 kb. Repack magiic

RataDeOrdenador

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 12, 2015
A lot of changes... see the images...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Please,stop saying "A lot of changes"... Can you just name them?

Maybe you added some ammo? There a new flank route? You optimized the map? Started detailing? SOMETHING? It's not that hard to keep an eye on your OWN changes,seriously. And people are not going to like these updates if the only info you give them is "A lot of changes... see the images..."

Map is looking pretty cool,btw. Keep up that good work.

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
Please,stop saying "A lot of changes"... Can you just name them?

Maybe you added some ammo? There a new flank route? You optimized the map? Started detailing? SOMETHING? It's not that hard to keep an eye on your OWN changes,seriously. And people are not going to like these updates if the only info you give them is "A lot of changes... see the images..."

Map is looking pretty cool,btw. Keep up that good work.
I made too many changes in every update and i cant remember all so i just show the images and you can see the differenzez...

Cargo_Tokens

L3: Member
Feb 19, 2015
I made too many changes in every update and i cant remember all so i just show the images and you can see the differenzez...

But we can't compare off of images alone, sometimes things like respawn times are changed (I know it's arena but bare with me) or capture times could be changed which can't be showed off by image. If you can't remember what you changed in a5 to a6 open up their .vmf's and see what's different. When you find a difference write in down when you're updating the map in the post that comes with the update.

(See cp_ricochet if you want to see an arguably good example of change logs.)

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
But we can't compare off of images alone, sometimes things like respawn times are changed (I know it's arena but bare with me) or capture times could be changed which can't be showed off by image. If you can't remember what you changed in a5 to a6 open up their .vmf's and see what's different. When you find a difference write in down when you're updating the map in the post that comes with the update.

(See cp_ricochet if you want to see an arguably good example of change logs.)
Anyways i dont think its so important, i mean, nobody download this map of care of him i just put it on imp, they play and tell me fails...

Diva Dan

hello!
aa
Mar 20, 2016
You are very clearly making an effort to update your map according to feedback, and that is all that counts. Don't stress about it! Luckily you have some great people out of the bunch that are willing to help and give criticism out of all the bad apples. If you put more effort into your change logs, it just shows that you are putting in some passion, that is all.

ммα | ∂αиỉєℓ

L2: Junior Member
Feb 10, 2015

Maybe a tip. Keep a text document open when you map, and everytime you change or add something add it to the list. Makes it easy to see what you've done, and it can be fun to see what you already changed in the past. Do with it what you want, just some friendly advice :)

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
Maybe a tip. Keep a text document open when you map, and everytime you change or add something add it to the list. Makes it easy to see what you've done, and it can be fun to see what you already changed in the past. Do with it what you want, just some friendly advice :)
For last time, i don't think the change log is very important now...

RataDeOrdenador

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 12, 2015
Anyways i dont think its so important, i mean, nobody download this map of care of him i just put it on imp, they play and tell me fails...

Well this is the life of a mapper.

Nobody,NOBODY is going to start making a map,and that first map,on the first try,it's a RC Valve-candidate.

I'm panicking a little bit over my map,Resort. I barely touched Hammer itself for like 2 days. But I'm not giving up. If you like doing this,if you like mapping,you just have to keep going.

And yeah,fine,change log might not be important NOW. But please,try to write a proper change log for your next update,will ya? It can help ALL of us (you included)

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
Well this is the life of a mapper.

Nobody,NOBODY is going to start making a map,and that first map,on the first try,it's a RC Valve-candidate.

I'm panicking a little bit over my map,Resort. I barely touched Hammer itself for like 2 days. But I'm not giving up. If you like doing this,if you like mapping,you just have to keep going.

And yeah,fine,change log might not be important NOW. But please,try to write a proper change log for your next update,will ya? It can help ALL of us (you included)
Help, on what?

Status
Not open for further replies.