Zero Gear: The Most Realistic Racing Sim Around

cornontheCoD

L420: High Member
Mar 25, 2008
Steering and ping issues have been getting fixed. Beta after all.

I was testing the garage and stuff awhile back, working on custom content. The contents ready to go, my map is working in game but I have a bit to do to finish it up. (redoing the volcanos, shortcut is through volcano jump over lava, textures are all placeholders)

You can get it here:
http://jknez.home.bresnan.net/

Hey, how did you make the custom content in the beta? I would love to make some stuff, but I didn't know it was possible.

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
Well, I liked this quite a bit when I started it, the character customization is pretty nice.

But then I started playing and... oh god what. The controls are terrible. I'm fine with the key layout and what not, but the driver isn't really very responsive and tends to ram into walls and drive off the track for no reason, even if I'm just driving straight ahead. Or turning in the opposite direction.

If they made the controls work, I'd be in love with this game, though.

I thought i was the only one, i hate the controls so much that i havent played it for more than an hour. It looks beautifully and i am sure its very fun, but i just cant stand getting last every race because i hit the walls.

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
Ah, well whatever it is i cant get into it very well unfortunettly.s

Sgt Frag

L14: Epic Member
May 20, 2008
Hey, how did you make the custom content in the beta? I would love to make some stuff, but I didn't know it was possible.

I just saw their stuff early on (over a year ago) at polycount forums. A few people were doing some models and I joined in. So I got an early vers of the garage to test my stuff in, helped out some with the 3dsMax stuff on the Wiki and got to do some alpha before the beta was out.

I actually made most of the stuff back then, just had to update to new material system once beta hit. And never got around to getting my map in game. Not too hard, just 3d model the track, then add control points/checkpoints and spawn points in an XML file with notepad.

If you need any help just ask.

cornontheCoD

Mar 25, 2008
I just saw their stuff early on (over a year ago) at polycount forums. A few people were doing some models and I joined in. So I got an early vers of the garage to test my stuff in, helped out some with the 3dsMax stuff on the Wiki and got to do some alpha before the beta was out.

I actually made most of the stuff back then, just had to update to new material system once beta hit. And never got around to getting my map in game. Not too hard, just 3d model the track, then add control points/checkpoints and spawn points in an XML file with notepad.

If you need any help just ask.

Ah, thanks, but I've never actually done any 3D modeling. I thought that maybe there was a track creator included in the game or something. Maybe I'll try making some tracks after I have some experience in 3D modeling.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
360 gamepad support is welcomed but needs work.