Your map differers from the server's version

BaconCat

L1: Registered
Aug 31, 2011
Now, before you throw me to the pit, I think its something I have done with the map.

You see, if I upload one of my older maps (pre Pyro Update) and download it from the server, it works fine.

If I try a newer map however, it keeps giving me the difference error, even after I JUST DOWNLOADED IT From the server.

The map works fine on a listen server so I don't know what is going on.

Any idea what I might have done to do this?

Jeremy

L11: Posh Member
Oct 24, 2010
Have you checked your map for invalid brushes? I'm not entirely sure but they could be causing errors with downloading the map.

BaconCat

Aug 31, 2011
Have you checked your map for invalid brushes? I'm not entirely sure but they could be causing errors with downloading the map.

How would I go about that? Nothing shows up in the compile window error wise.

LMFAO

Banned
Jun 14, 2012
How would I go about that? Nothing shows up in the compile window error wise.

Check for updates on rightclicking Team Fortress 2 in your Steam folder.

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
How would that help? My Tf2 is up to date.

--no need for this part--

As for your issue, a few people had this recently that I can recall, one ended up just reverting to a previous vmf and redid what they were doing and magically didn't get this issue the second time around. As I recall though, it was traced to some rogue logic entity, which was especially strange since this person had not done anything to logic entities since their previous build.

The other had some logic entity in the void, that wasn't picked up on compile for some reason.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

BaconCat

Aug 31, 2011

As for your issue, a few people had this recently that I can recall, one ended up just reverting to a previous vmf and redid what they were doing and magically didn't get this issue the second time around. As I recall though, it was traced to some rogue logic entity, which was especially strange since this person had not done anything to logic entities since their previous build.

The other had some logic entity in the void, that wasn't picked up on compile for some reason.

Hope this helps.

Awesome, thank you for the info. I'll try nuking mah logics and see if that helps.

BaconCat

Aug 31, 2011

Hope this helps.

I want your Pyrobabies.

Fixed it right up. Thank you so much! :O