Ye Olde

PL Ye Olde rc4

maxchrome

L1: Registered
Aug 10, 2020
maxchrome submitted a new resource:

Ye Olde - Medieval-styled, nighttime, simple payload map.

View attachment 204724
This map was inspired by medieval England and Scotland. It consists of simple layout, 4 control points to capture (including the goal) and a giant midnight Moon looming over the middle-age city, somewhere in a mount region.

This is my first ever published map in Steam Workshop and here, so I would gladly appreciate all the adequate criticism, error/bug reports and the informative feedback in general.

Current version is deemed final, however...

Read more about this resource...

Katsu! :3

Veteran Cat
aa
Jul 30, 2021
Would recommend 2 things:
1. Have a version string! Not having version strings is bad cause it can pretty easily cause file conflicts if you end up changing the map.
2. Please try and repack the map if possible, the file is 103MB large :(

Boonie

L2: Junior Member
Sep 22, 2015
Can stand/build up here.
ZlXbb.jpg

maxchrome

Aug 10, 2020
Would recommend 2 things:
1. Have a version string! Not having version strings is bad cause it can pretty easily cause file conflicts if you end up changing the map.
2. Please try and repack the map if possible, the file is 103MB large :(
1. Don't worry, I have lots of versions of this map with different names, nothing would get mixed up (at least for me) for sure! I just use the same name simply for aesthetic reasons, if something goes wrong, I can easily roll back if necessary.
2. I will do that for the next update, but I cannot guarantee that the filesize will drop tremendously.
Thanks for feedback!

Boonie

L2: Junior Member
Sep 22, 2015
Having a version string isn't for you, its for community servers. If you update the map, and the server owner updates the map from a previous version, the client will have a crc mismatch and will have to manually delete their version of the map before they can join.
Also, compressing it will get it down to 40MB ish.

Last edited:

maxchrome

Aug 10, 2020
Having a version string isn't for you, its for community servers. If you update the map, and the server owner updates the map from a previous version, the client will have a crc mismatch and will have to manually delete their version of the map before they can join.
Also, compressing it will get it down to 40MB ish.
Huh, I didn't even think that someone would run this map in servers at this early stage, but you are absolutely correct. After the next update I will be adding version strings with any update. And the map is now compressed with using the TF2's console command "bsp_repack", hope it works. Thanks for feedback!