Wiretap

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
You think something around 10 seconds would be better? Or even resort back to default?

The Gentlemanne

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 18, 2009
You think something around 10 seconds would be better? Or even resort back to default?

like mangy said, keep it low,maybe even less than 10.

Sep 12, 2008
You have some nice details going on right now but - I'm not sure - it's always seemed like the intel room is a little busy somehow? If you look in the first shot you have the small section with the railing and the 2 doorways. Why not just remove that? You'll lose very little if you do and will, in fact, gain much more by cleaning up the top floor of the room which would make it easier to navigate and visually more simples.

Please consider doing this; I tried to make this clear to you since long now. Same for the railings and computers on the small podium where the intel is placed.

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
I'll clean up the top floor, not sure about the intel podium yet. I'll raise the spawn times to 8 (currently at 6) so it's enough to keep players fast, but still grants a little time, but not as much as a default spawn time.

MangyCarface

Mapper
aa
Feb 26, 2008
Remember game days give you a skewed view of the importance of spawn times. What matters at the 6 v6 level is not necessarily how fast you spawn but how quick you get to the action. I really think you ought to move spawn further away from the intel and keep times low, players like to regain control faster even if it means they're walking more than they were previously, I think. I just think it would suck to finally get to the flag, someone spawns, walks around the corner and rockets you to death

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
Well, I want to keep it fun at a normal level, along with a 6v6 comp level. It's sure to be a hard path to walk, but so far, so good.

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
Some changes made so far.

ctf_wiretap_a90000.jpg

ctf_wiretap_a90001.jpg

ctf_wiretap_a90002.jpg

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
Alpha IX
- Revised middle overlook of the Intel Room
- Replaced handrails of high overlook in Intel Room with glass
- Raised Spawn times to 8 seconds
- Various Detailing
- Various Clipping

ctf_wiretap_a90004.jpg

ctf_wiretap_a90005.jpg

ctf_wiretap_a90006.jpg

ctf_wiretap_a90007.jpg

ctf_wiretap_a90008.jpg

littleedge

L1111: Clipping Guru
aa
Mar 2, 2009
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1490725/ctf_wiretap_a90001.jpg The continuity of this bugs me. You never see the other side of this door. I dunno if you really care - it's not TOO important, but it bugs me. I've got some solutions.

Idea A: To the right of it (on the outside of the base), if you added a door with a glass middle (instead of 'top secret') and showed a hallway with a 'top secret' door at the end of it that led to that room (thus you move the door in the detail room to the opposite wall), it would look much better. Maybe another door shown on the right side of the hall seen through the glass would make it look even better.

Idea B: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1490725/ctf_wiretap_a90000.jpg Add a door here instead of the vent on the left.

I would rather the former. The latter doesn't really show an obvious way to the detail room. It might actually make me think "Where do this lead and how do you get in this detail room."

Also: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1490725/ctf_wiretap_a90002.jpg Put the light at the top of the fence! Make it http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1490725/ctf_wiretap_a90002a.JPG

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
Needs more switchboards. I don't see ANY.

SlayerBlitz

L3: Member
Dec 3, 2009
I loved this map, the only real thing I don't like is the health and ammo kits in the middle. You could put a medium med on the top and a large ammo box beneath the bridge in the center.

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
Well, I'll be doing a stronger detail pass this week, seeing as how there aren't as many gameplay flaws at the moment. Actually, I don't really know any. The only modes this map doesn't play well in were 4v4 - which was weird anyways, what with one team defending for 15 minutes and the other constantly attacking... it just didn't work out - and Highlander. The only reason it doesn't work well in Highlander is because I haven't actually got someone to do one for me.

Perhaps I'll get one of those Lobbyists.

MangyCarface

Mapper
aa
Feb 26, 2008
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/586461/Wiretap/ctf_wiretap_a90004.jpg
At the bottom of this picture is a prominent open space, I think if you added anything to allow attackers some cover as they approach from that angle vs the high battlements it'd make it more fun to come from that pathway. Maybe a standard rock or some boxes piled up even