WIP New Payload model

laghlagh

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 15, 2008
You could also just take away all explosives and make it a "BLU are doctors who must get their pasient to the hospital before it's to late!" -setting.

Snipergen

L13: Stunning Member
Nov 16, 2007
This is great work man. Wheelchair looks great, even the texture that is the hard part to get right. Btw is that the medic from the low poly TF2 pack?

Sep 12, 2008
The blu's have to bring him to the hospital: make him very sick (green skin?) and let him shake and let him scream "DOCTOR!!" and so on... And the closer the cart comes to the destination, the harder he screams, the more he shakes...

Arhurt

May 7, 2008
Wow that is impressive.

I'm not too sure about the payload for the same reasons Youme pointed out, but it looks great, and the chair looks ace!

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
Um I'm a little concerned about this. Either because it could be interpreted as a suicide bomber (bad) or bondage fetisha (also bad but not nearly as bad)
I'd be inclined to say you'll be alright with it but you could end up causeing offence to certain individuals, although the chances that anyone who will be offended by this plays tf2 is small.

Other than the sensetivity issue I'm going to mirror what everyone else is saying and go with the wheels are too wide, the also need a bolt or something in their centre to hold them to the axel.
taking offense to something like this definitely warrants a ban from life.

Spike

L10: Glamorous Member
Feb 13, 2008
LOL that's genius

Apom

Sep 14, 2008
The real question is, why would this happen? I mean, if BLU is going to bring a prisoner to some place to interrogate him or whatever, I don't see the point in piling dynamite sticks on his belly. And if they are going to blow up something, I don't see the point in bringing that heavy guy along.

Mic

L1: Registered
Sep 9, 2008
The real question is, why would this happen? I mean, if BLU is going to bring a prisoner to some place to interrogate him or whatever, I don't see the point in piling dynamite sticks on his belly. And if they are going to blow up something, I don't see the point in bringing that heavy guy along.

LOL, looking for logic in a FT2 game is hard... In a nut shell, The Blue team is pushing the captured heavy back into the red base to blow it up. The map I am working has a hospital theme, so I can see pushing a dude on a stretcher much more appealing then pushing a giant bomb though the hallway of the burn unit.

Bonafide

Mar 18, 2008
looks good but I would remove the ballgag. It looks a bit too fetishy. Use rope or somethin if you must.

l3eeron

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jan 4, 2008
The ball gag and the blindfold might be a little over-the-top...

none the less, looks awesome to me :)

toutfou

L3: Member
Sep 8, 2008
Awesome idea, loving the theme you're going for :) I agree with the gag and the blindfold though. I think you should really push it harder and animate the model - eyes shooting left to right in panic, cries coming off when the cart is being moved (using the stock heavy's cries for help in the game already)... mildly animating him struggling under the straps etc...

Bring him to life ;)

Fireman

L4: Comfortable Member
Mar 21, 2008
Rather than using the heavy's cries for help, why not use the pyro's? It would make more sense, given that he is gagged.

toutfou

L3: Member
Sep 8, 2008
Rather than using the heavy's cries for help, why not use the pyro's? It would make more sense, given that he is gagged.
Good point :) I was thinking of him being ungagged, if he were to be talking. But if the gag remains, then there's not need to sync the mouth to the cries, so less work! ;)

Open Blade

L420: High Member
Nov 30, 2007
I think it looks cool.

I agree that the suicide bomber thing is a real stretch here. After all, we are all running around backstabbing, exploding bodies into pieces with sticky bombs, headshot sniping, lighting people on fire, sawing off limbs and blasting faces with sawed off shotguns. I don't think pushing a Heavy into a pitfull of explosives is gonna mean much.

Mic

L1: Registered
Sep 9, 2008
Awesome idea, loving the theme you're going for :) I agree with the gag and the blindfold though. I think you should really push it harder and animate the model - eyes shooting left to right in panic, cries coming off when the cart is being moved (using the stock heavy's cries for help in the game already)... mildly animating him struggling under the straps etc...

Bring him to life ;)

I would love to animate it, but so far all animation attempts have failed. Exporting a simple mesh is easy, but for some reason I can not get skin mesh to animate in-game? If anyone has links, please share!

Apom

Sep 14, 2008
I agree that the suicide bomber thing is a real stretch here. After all, we are all running around backstabbing, exploding bodies into pieces with sticky bombs, headshot sniping, lighting people on fire, sawing off limbs and blasting faces with sawed off shotguns. I don't think pushing a Heavy into a pitfull of explosives is gonna mean much.
Well, there is a difference between shooting a guy who's pointing a gun at you, and strapping dynamite to a bound & unarmed guy.

FreeLance_FoX

Sep 6, 2008
Awesome work!

But obviously it's BLU's new "Heavy Bomb" that is meant to be snuck into RED's hospital as a patient. The catch is that it's not a real hospital, that instead RED is actually working on a new virus known as "Rival Extermination Disease," or R.E.D. for short, all under the guise of a seemingly normal insane asylum.

:D

[ Good luck with the map! Can't wait! ]

World Of Frisbee Crisis

L2: Junior Member
Mar 31, 2008
Looks good, but how would it work with healing the offensive team?
It'd be sort of odd having the Heavy shoot out health.

Fireman

L4: Comfortable Member
Mar 21, 2008
Use the earlier of idea of gagging him with a mouthful of sandviches, and that could be your health source for the team right there.