WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
Falling in love with your map.

Oh you...

You two just missed 1500 posts and 1500 replies.

since i have nothing else, these are the shots of my contest map.

Outside the spawn (spawn will be below camera
day4.png

that building from the defenders angle
day3.png

Point B, attackers enter from the right
day2.png

Sep 1, 2009
arena_arakawa_a40005.jpg

PL-7764

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 4, 2009
Got my first model to work in-game...

derringer01.png

derringer02.png

I'm fairly satisfied with it so far, but I think I might wanna work on the texture a little more (the handle in particular, and also perhaps find a way to reduce it from 1024^2 to the Contribute site's requested 512^2), and perhaps figure out why it's so shiny all over. Or do I even need to fix the shiny if I want to send the non-compiled version (.OBJ model and .TGA textures, plus whatever else) to the Contribute page? Does the specular-type stuff get handled by Valve if I send in those files, and they compile them on their end?

I wanna know how this "Contribute" thing works D:

Last edited:

Exist

Oct 31, 2009
Got my first model to work in-game...

derringer01.png

derringer02.png

First thing I saw was the tf2 logo. Valve never uses the logo in game, I suggest removal. The shinyness is from your shaders and lack of specular map. The gun it's self looks rather small for the engineer, I always think of the engine using rather big guns that stretch reality. An example of this would be the wrangler, which is all about controling a larger gun.

So, make this it bigger. I mean, the engie is a Texan, everything is bigger there.

PL-7764

Aug 4, 2009
I tried to make it about the same size as the standard pistol, so it could use the same animations without looking ridiculous. Plus the real Derringers on which it was based are rather small. Hence, its tiny-ness. :p

I got it to where I really liked it and submitted it already ... and of course, as soon as I did, I discovered several new problems I could have corrected. :facepalm: Guess I can use what I learned from this one on another project later, or resubmit this one with changes at some point (I can do that, right?). I might replace the TF logo with the Engineer's emblem, and try making it a bit bigger like you said. Also gotta learn how to manage the skin better, I figured out too late how I could have done the skin at 512^2 without the quality issues...

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2009

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
First thing I saw was the tf2 logo. Valve never uses the logo in game, I suggest removal.

This is the part where I would post pictures of the various hats that include the TF2 logo, if I weren't a lazy crap-for-crap. Pretend I did anyway.

Also, a recent rekindling of my Bioshock obsession plus too much free time led to this madness:

arenafortfrolica10000.jpg

arenafortfrolica10001.jpg

arenafortfrolica10002.jpg

arenafortfrolica10003.jpg

It reminded me of Offblast, what can I say?

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
"'Ey, how you doin four eyes?"

Though, not sure the scout is a sunglasses kinda guy...

They're meant to be normal glasses, Gerbil just doesn't know how to use $alpha :p

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Posts are a little big

Yeah, I don't know why they look so much bigger than they're supposed to. They were designed to be a little wider than the sideramps, which seemed to be the right width. Maybe they'll look smaller if I round off the edges. That and fixing the texture so they don't glow :facepalm: (I used the wrong texture by mistake, but the fact that they still shadow a little made me unsure if I had or not).

Buster Charlie

L1: Registered
Jan 7, 2011
After like 3 years of not doing It I've gotten near the final beta of badlands classic
as seen here:

http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=4437

Posted 6 pictures for the map on the download screen.

Problem is, it turns out nobody actually LIKES TFC maps, ah well. If anyone has any good feedback for it, I'll try to do a final version but to be honest I'm not sure it's even worth the effort despite how long it took to finish.