[WIP] Event Map Generator

ryodoan

Resident Bum
Nov 2, 2007
For deathmaps, you can use psychostats (add .com), the 3.1 does heatmaps (minus giving it an overview image and min/max x/y coordinates)

*sigh* I was kinda looking forward to writing something up, but it appears that the PsychoStats has really trumped almost anything I could in the near future.

So instead of writing my own I will work on seeing if I can get that PsychoStats thing working on my home server first.

ryodoan

Resident Bum
Nov 2, 2007
Ok, even if nobody uses it, I think I am still going to work on this. It is an interesting problem, and maybe I am just, but after about 40 minutes of effort, I still did not have PsychoStats working, and I feel that a simple program that just inserts some code into a VMF would be appreciated.

In any case, I am still working out how I want to deal with parsing, saving, and accessing events. In the process two important events that are not directly documented have come up. The events can be calculated, but are not directly logged.

They are:

• Flag Returns
    • The way I am looking at these is if the intel is dropped, then the next pickup is back at the intel's first pick up location, then the flag was returned.
    • There is a problem, I how far is the pick-up radius around the intel? Example follows bellow from ctf_cruise.
  • Where killed objects were located.
    • I am told when an object is built, where, and by whom
    • I am told when an object is destroyed, but I am not told where the destroyed object was located.
    • If I can somehow track when an object is built and by whom, I should be able to track who destroyed the object
crap, class ending, quick paste here:
(event "picked up") (position "-35 -2851 -1555")
(event "captured") (team_caps "1") (caps_per_round "3") (position "115 471 -1555")
(event "picked up") (position "51 -2852 -1555")
(event "defended") (position "-279 -3005 -1541")
(event "dropped") (position "-224 -2909 -1555")
(event "picked up") (position "-150 -2862 -1555")
(event "defended") (position "107 -2898 -1555")
(event "dropped") (position "-210 -2889 -1555")
*** Flag Returns Here ***
(event "picked up") (position "-65 -2853 -1555")

Snipergen

L13: Stunning Member
Nov 16, 2007
Damn man thats some nice text parsing skills you got if you can make this work. Vector awaaaaaay!!
I understand drpepper would love to have this tool online, like interlopers compile error stuff, but I don't think it would be possible too, like ryo said already.

I'm gonna use this program!