[WIP] ctf_trainfort

zornor

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 14, 2009
ctf_trainfort
Current stage: Pre-alpha
Introduction
After having cycled through a bunch of maps and quitting them I feel it's time I settle on something easy to make but still have a few design challenges. Thus I am working on a cross between ctf_2fort and ctf_well.

Design Goals
  • Combine the design elements of ctf_2fort and ctf_well into a playable, balanced map, including:
  • Scouts able to double jump from battlements to centre structure(s) to battlements
  • "River" area like in well, combined with the shallow water and sewers in 2fort.
  • Symmetrical in terms of gameplay, but exhibiting the design choices Valve made.
  • Implementation of the train god train hazard in Well.

Screeshot
ctf_trainfort0000.jpg

To be honest I made this thread to show this to my friend but I'll be updating this regularly.

Last edited:

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Looks too much like 2Fort and Well. The Structure of the buildings are damn-near copy pasta, and the bridges, gap, and trains are all very reminiscent of Well.

zornor

Jan 14, 2009
the idea is that it's a combination of the two, so yeah

The only part which I did copy from well were the bridges. They actually fit perfectly into the gap too, but I might change it.

Gap isn't going to be filled with water like Well, it will be low level like 2fort.

I'm currently working on the inside but I've also got school work D:

Forthex

L2: Junior Member
Aug 2, 2008
Please for the love of god remove the inherent turtling problems present in 2fort!

zornor

Jan 14, 2009
I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: I'm thinking of putting a train god inside the base, good idea or bad?

Last edited: