[WIP] ctf_arch

tok_vaal

L1: Registered
Jan 31, 2009
cap_top_x450.jpg

cap_bottom_x450.jpg

I loved this map. I like the fact that the cap point is not the same as the intel point. I like the size. The right-side entrance/hallway to the intel is perfect.

Spawn camping did become a problem once the server filled up, but a couple of scouts changed to engy and that made a huge difference, primarily because everyone else still wanted to try out the new scout features, and the SG mowed them all down... I would still suggest more than one way to exit the spawns (if possible). Even possibly a rear door, exiting onto the intel room?

If possible, it would also be nice to raise the sky-ceiling. Soldiers and demos would have more fun if they could attain full-launch-height from the top of the arch, instead of hitting an invisible ceiling.

Lookin good! I can't wait to start running a 24/7 Arch server! BTW: I like the current name.

ProfFiendish

L2: Junior Member
Nov 15, 2008
Thanks for the feedback!

While I don't think I'll make back door directly into the intel room, I would consider a door from the downstairs spawn into the room right below the intel room. In my opinion, a door straight to the intel would make setting up sentries on the intel a bit too easy.

Oh, the skybox. Sorry about that. :)