Sep 20, 2008
When I touch the uv (assign material to faces) 3ds max crashes :/

I will try it again on a newer version of 3dsmax :\

edit: Doesn't work; Export to XSI and try it there, or remaking it :|

Last edited:

Apom

L6: Sharp Member
Sep 14, 2008
Well then what's the proper way to move objects in the game?
In the case of a floating gondola, physics_spring seems appropriate, although it's likely to be a bad choice performance-wise.

The usual way of making things move around in TF2 is func_tracktrain. I'm not too sure about the gondola though. I'd probably go for a combination of func_door (for vertical oscillation) and func_platrot (for angular oscillation).

Zeewier

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 20, 2008
Started from scratch because of a strange bug in 3dsmax :/ (this time it took me only 30 minutes to get that far xD)

EDIT: Still the same errors :\ I really don't know why :| It's really frustrating, having a finished model, but when you touch uv the program crashes (or doesn't do anything)

EDIT2: Suddenly it started to work (i think :p) I'm not really happy with the textures yet, but i will probably have to make my own (and I'm not really good at making textures, i've no tablet)

But I will compile it to see how it looks ingame :)

EDIT 3:
gondola0009tq2.jpg

Now doing the collision model and animation :)

One of your buildings is a gondola factory? Maybe i can make a skeleton aswell :)

Last edited:

S3BB0_L1C1OUS

L3: Member
Nov 2, 2008
Nice work man!

One of your buildings is a gondola factory? Maybe i can make a skeleton aswell

yeah, but you can wait until that one is finished and tested ;-)

Now doing the collision model and animation

You think you can finish that untill gameday deadline tomorrow?

Zeewier

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 20, 2008
Animation is done (was pretty much just a copy past of the original one) currently doing the collision model. I'm trying a complex one now.

But I think thats done in 30 minutes, add another 30 minutes for compiling and emailing. (pm your email or if you want i'll upload it here for all tf2mappers :) )
If you are happy (with the materials), I am happy :p

For the skeleton, thats just 30 minutes of easy work (i think i deserved that after that annoying bug :p)

S3BB0_L1C1OUS

Nov 2, 2008
Alpha 8b
Alpha 8b

Looking for feedback on where there should be additional signs, which pathways should be altered etc.

Last edited:

S3BB0_L1C1OUS

Nov 2, 2008
Hey guys,

I'm currently redoing the middle part of the map and applying textures but I'm trying to keep details on a minimum for now. I choose to redo everything so that I can somehow block the two sides of the map almost completely off.

Looks kinda boring for now, but detailing it shouldn't be too hard.