[WIP]cp_timber

Cerious

L420: High Member
Aug 10, 2008
This map is currently infuriating players because of the spawntimes. When I joined Blu and capped A and B, we had a 30 second respawn time. Granted, it spawned us in 10 player clumps and organized us well, but this just pissed us off because defence only had a 17-20 second respawn. This is absolutely ridiculous. If you look at Gravelpit, it's 20 seconds for offense before any points are capped and -3 seconds for each point taken, up to 16 seconds maximum.

cornontheCoD

Mar 25, 2008
Beta 4 is out!
http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=998

problems have been addressed, including shortened spawn times :thumbup:

This version changes many balancing issues so that it focuses more on BLU having an incentive to capture A, B, and C, while RED has the incentive to defend all of them. A and B add more time than before when capped, and they make their spawn time shorter. There were also some visual and gameplay tweaks.

Me and my map will be there on gameday! :thumbup1:

trainRiderJ

L5: Dapper Member
Mar 14, 2008
I'm about to check out this map. One thing I've noticed most people do is continually update the original post with whatever the newest version and screenshots are, in addition to making replies. This helps people who are just discovering your map get the right version and I think makes the best first impression you can make.

EDIT: Here are some things I've noticed that need fixing.

-It's possible for to defenders to go through A and get up into the attackers' spawn area, right up to the spawn door
-You can spam into the attackers' spawn area if you stand on the middle-most rock formation at A
-All of the connector tunnels are too narrow. Most can't fit two people.
-You can shoot projectiles (and I assume bullets) through the rock formations at C, as well as the big rock between attackers' spawn and A. Doublecheck all rock props for this
-A demo or soldier can jump up to the roof of the building the attackers using to enter A and spam do into the attackers' spawn. In fact, the defenders can spam into the attackers' spawn from a variety of locations
-There is a gap that you can snipe through from attackers' spawn into A, or vice versa. It's where the rock wall doesn't quite meet up with the building
-The only way for defender reinforcements to get to A is through a single, tiny doorway that is easily controlled if you're standing on the point

Last edited:

cornontheCoD

Mar 25, 2008
BTW, the rocks not being solid is a weird thing with clipping. I turned the rocks to non-solid then put clipping around it. But I forgot projectiles can go through clip texture. :lol:

I will be sure to fix most of the things you mentioned

KarmaKaze

L2: Junior Member
Dec 14, 2008
My first time on this map. I really liked the flow of the map. Seemed to be plenty of ways in and out of areas. We had a hard time capping C but that is probably just due to our skill as a team and not the map.

The only note I left myself says "Caught on doors." I think I was getting caught on some of your doorframes as I was trying to run away from people....er, I mean, fight the good fight. And I did get caught behind the walls that extend down into the water at C. Could you maybe cut the wall off at water level and put a couple of support beams going down into water? Might be easier to move around underwater...just a thought.

Look forward to seeing more of this map.

Zeewier

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 20, 2008
the thing that annoyed me the most was that i couldnt get out of the water under C

maybe make the map more so that c is a fast but hard cap and a and b are a little slower

cornontheCoD

Mar 25, 2008
alright, may be a while until the next version, I am having weird lighting problems :cursing:

cornontheCoD

Mar 25, 2008
alright guys, Thanks for the testing on gameday. There was almost a full server, so I got some good screenshots and a lot of important feedback that I wouldn't have known about. Also, I went back to b6 and continued from there, because I couldn't get the lighting fixed on b7.

I will be sure to change those spawn times!

trainRiderJ

L5: Dapper Member
Mar 14, 2008
You've made improvements with some of the map exploits I mentioned awhile back, there is still work to be done.

-As a blue soldier, you can rocket jump straight up in spawn and fire rockets down onto point A. As a demo you can simply spam pipes over the top. Not only does the large rock formation separating them need to block bullets, but the skybox needs to be lowered so you can't jump above it. Think like gravelpit, there's no way to view into A or B simply by jumping high.

-There is nothing preventing a red player from simply jumping up through A into the blue spawn area and camping their only spawn door.

-You can rocket or sticky jump up to the green roof of the house where attackers come out into A and spam down into blue spawn without being seen because the rock formation blocks sight but not bullets.

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009
[AoC] would really love to give you map a comp playtest. Please check this out.

Steam me (steam id: b_Mar_d) if your interested.