[WIP] cp_refuge

Aragon

L1: Registered
Nov 19, 2008
Hey guys i thought it was about time i started posting stuff about my map.

This is my first map for TF2. I made one or two back for cs 1.5 years ago but i haven't really made once since.

Current map i am creating is called cp_refuge as i'm going to make C inside of a cave and the whole system is going to take the typical dustbowl/gravelpit style theme.

cp_refuge is a Gravelpit style map.

some future plans
-the lighting and roofs for the two hut style buildings outside of point A and B are both going to be changed to directional lighting
-The roof design and look of tower a C will look completely different when i start playing with it.
-Few textures don't lineup + i will be fixing all stairs so they look half decent.

Any feedback would be appreciated on how game play may play out. C will be a large cave type looking area I'm thinking.

Top left = A
Top right = one Connector between a b and c (there is also anouther connector from B and one also from A but both are less viable.
Bottom left= B
Bottom right = C

Here is an Alpha version a lot of minor bugs still need to be fixed but I'm more curious about how game play will seem?

Last edited:

Aragon

Nov 19, 2008
Update

I've been working slowly away at this and i thought that i might put a few more screen shots up:
Originally C looked very big but when being played it plays different to any other game play. The way it is built is so that there is cover no matter where except for the actual point. Makes for some very interesting test games.

If you feel like checking the map out its hosted at 210.5.34.69:27016 (Australian Server)
Or you can download it here-> http://clan-fase.com/tf/maps/cp_refuge_a10.bsp.bz2
Hers some screen shots as of January 18th.

Site B:
cprefugea100010hu4.jpg

cprefugea100013bt4.jpg

cprefugea100014vf3.jpg

cprefugea100020db1.jpg

Site A:
cprefugea100011im7.jpg

cprefugea100012iw9.jpg

cprefugea100018dk2.jpg

cprefugea100019be5.jpg

Site C:
cprefugea100015nm6.jpg

Connectors:
cprefugea100016ii7.jpg

cprefugea100017ow4.jpg

Any suggestions anyone can think about gameplay. Also does this map seem like it is ready for the first gameplay test by tf2maps.net?

AWESOME-O

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 20, 2008
It seems like ready for a alpha upload.
Oh, and when you make screenshots, make sure you'll put your settings at the highest.
Because when taking screenshots it doesn't matter if you get lower fps.

Aragon

Nov 19, 2008
It seems like ready for a alpha upload.
Oh, and when you make screenshots, make sure you'll put your settings at the highest.
Because when taking screenshots it doesn't matter if you get lower fps.

All my game settings are highest. I just cap my fps at 99. (I have a really good computer)

AWESOME-O

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 20, 2008
oh k, because some of the screenshots really look like they have been taken with lower settings.

Termaximus

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 11, 2008
Looking good, especially for your 1st TF2 map. Good your doing a gravelpit style map because there are many out there. I'll try and run through it next week and give some more in-depth feedback. For now here is a quick tip:

1. For best screenshots: max out visual settings (even if it lags) -> go to consul -> type "sv_cheats 1" -> type "cl_drawhud 0" (this will remove hud) -> type "spectate" Now you can fly around and take hud free screens.

HeaH

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 2, 2008
Great to see someone make a gravelpit style map, there aren't many of those and they really rock :D

Aragon

Nov 19, 2008
I have been working on the map and i rebuilt the entire map from scratch to get rid of errors and what not. The map is starting to look decent and i thought i would start posting updates from now on.

You can Download the latest map here >>> CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD cp_refuge<<<<.

Last edited:

nossie

L3: Member
May 9, 2008
looks great maybe a few too many rocks at A. from above looks like a lot.

on a side note is this the aragon i no?...

EDIT woops didnt see the 2nd page. are those screens from the new version? oh well i downloaded the new version ill have a look tonight

Bot190

Sep 25, 2008
Just played this on 3-15 gameday, Overall it was a good map. With one Glarring problem, C never unlocks. Blue captured both B and A but the icon for C never changed, and they couldn't capture it.