[WIP] cp_foolsgold

Artesia

L6: Sharp Member
Nov 11, 2008
the intel text is just the fonts that came with the game, so yes you can make that any size

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
I didn't mean intel, I meant the dom text.

I have a working one for all res, I just wanted to check yours did indeed work.

Artesia

Nov 11, 2008
its just the game_text entity... didn't know there were res settings... wish we could change the font too -_-

Artesia

Nov 11, 2008
Math pointed out while testing the gameplay again today that they way I was displaying the score doesn't look good on non-widescreen resolutions, and turned me onto a way I could display the text using only 2 of the 6 channels, which frees up 2 to actually give the points a name!

Your objective is now to obtain 100 Production. Why call it production? because people have a tendency to call a CP a "point" which causes confusion. I worked on the spacing for the new score carefully going between resolutions, and find this placement to work well on all, spacing could be made better if I were to ignore other resolutions but this seems to be a good compromise ;)

Only question now, should Production be above or below the score? If you think it should be above, should it or should it not have a colon ( : )
those are very easy changes so if you have an opinion on which is easier to understand and looks the best id appreciate your input ;)
newhud.jpg

Artesia

Nov 11, 2008
for those of you curious about the gametype we actually do play a little test arena I made for the gametype, it's available to download in the download section, this newest version has many changes from what we've been playing, but I think its an improvement. This will eventually become a seperate map for this gametype

gameplay1.jpg