WIP - cp_Amsterdam coming soon

FLOOR_MASTER

L3: Member
Mar 10, 2008
From a brief set of 15v15 playtests, the 2nd capture point is virtually impossible to take. We played 6 rounds and BLU only captured the 2nd point on the first round, when everyone was disoriented and unfamiliar with the map.

I have no concrete suggestions just yet, but I wanted to reinforce what Cerious said because it renders the map unplayable despite its stellar aesthetics.

terrorist_hell

L1: Registered
Jul 25, 2008
Very nice brushwork, cool looking map, but...

* No teamswitch after loosing
* Second cap is virtually impossible, unless you're very fast and half of RED team is dead
* Laggy at BLU spawn
* Layout is confusing, many useless (but pretty) spaces like the roof and sewer at BLU spawn.

flubber

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 16, 2007
Very nice brushwork, cool looking map, but...

* No teamswitch after loosing
* Second cap is virtually impossible, unless you're very fast and half of RED team is dead
* Laggy at BLU spawn
* Layout is confusing, many useless (but pretty) spaces like the roof and sewer at BLU spawn.

Exactly the same remarks except for the lag problem, no one during our test said it was laggy.

kaplan

Mar 29, 2008
Great looking map. As others have pointed out, it is very difficult to capture the
2nd cp. I think part of the problem is the distance and time it takes to reach it, seems longer to reach than other attack/defend maps. I noticed players switching to scout/pryro in an attempt to reach the 2nd cp faster after capturing the first cp.

Do you plan on adding additional stages?

Any ideas on when B2 will be available?

Keep up the great work!

Bonafide

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 18, 2008
The detail in this map is phenomenal tbh. I cant complain 1 iota about the details on this.

My only concern is that the pathway to the 2nd cap is very long and very labyrinthine.

Is this the first stage of a 3 parter like Dustbowl? I hope so. Its great.

Lastig

Jul 22, 2008
First off, thanks for all the feedback and energy spent onit,

We just returned from holidays (to get to b1 it took us 6 months) We're now busy gathering ALL the feedback we can find in order to sort things out and come up with solutions for the problems we're seeing and reading about.
Some will be easier to fix (teamswitch) but others will take a bit more time (2nd cap being hard to get to) and will perhaps require alot more work to fix in order to get to Beta2, but we're definitely not quitting :D

If you have any additional feedback, info or suggestions on how to solve some of these issues, we'd be very gratefull.

thanks again for all the feedback, it's incredibly usefull.

cheers!
Maus&SLiD3

Cerious

L420: High Member
Aug 10, 2008
First off, thanks for all the feedback and energy spent onit,

We just returned from holidays (to get to b1 it took us 6 months) We're now busy gathering ALL the feedback we can find in order to sort things out and come up with solutions for the problems we're seeing and reading about.
Some will be easier to fix (teamswitch) but others will take a bit more time (2nd cap being hard to get to) and will perhaps require alot more work to fix in order to get to Beta2, but we're definitely not quitting :D

If you have any additional feedback, info or suggestions on how to solve some of these issues, we'd be very gratefull.

thanks again for all the feedback, it's incredibly usefull.

cheers!
Maus&SLiD3

'Bout damn time! I thought you guys disappeared all of a sudden! I really like this map, so I'll wait patiently for the next version.

A suggestion: I'd like to see more arrows and directions for defense. You don't have to cram arrows in; you can also have those labels above the doorways. Also, there are some clipping issues, where demoman can jump up on invisible ledges. Namely: above blu spawn, above the tree, and on some of the rooftops. Check out for those.