Where can i find tf2 models decompiled?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by R4Y, Apr 30, 2016.

1. R4Y

R4Y L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hello everyone. i wanted to create a tf2 cosmetic and i searched tutorial and decompiled the model billions off time but it havent work any other ideas oor can anyone post the smd files of the demoman?

2. Aeix

Aeix L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Er... this may not be the best place to ask. We tend to focus on mapping rather than cosmetics design (although some people will have experience in modelling), so I doubt anyone have an answer. On the other hand, you could pick up hammer and make a map for tf2 - something which we will guide and assist you with ;)

3. Three Million

Three Million L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Look for a mdl decompiler? Not sure what exactly you are trying to ask. What do you mean by "it havent work"?

4. Vel0city

aa Vel0city personal pick-pocketing parrot

Positive Ratings:
    You create cosmetics from within programs like Blender or 3DS Max. The smd files are already on your computer. Navigate to steam/steamapps/common/sourcesdk_content/tf/modelsrc/player/demo/parts/dmx. There you will find the demo_model.smd file you'd want to use. You'll need the Source SDK for this, get this by going to Steam, then hover over Library until a menu appears. Look for the "Tools" menu, then click it. Scroll down to the Source SDK name, then double click it. It'll now install.

5. R4Y

R4Y L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    i have used mdl decompiler and i havent found the model but i have decompiled the sfm demoman folder
    1 i have gone to steam\steamapps\common\SourceFilmmaker\game\tf\models and i get the model
    2 i have make the code from 0 to 1
    3 i used crowbar instead of mdl decompiler because its always crash and i decompiled the models i want
    thanks for your ideas and hope you create cool things for the mayann project
    ps i have recently found your idea Vel0city