Where are valve's maps?

Scruga

L1: Registered
Dec 8, 2008
RE my earlier post:
I meant it in the way of mass public release. Run it on your own server, give it to your friends... sure, go for it!
But cluttering the interwebbys with edited maps....

And that's what i wanted. :p

but i changed my mind. This made me get back into map making. Gonna make a totally new cp_Duskbowl now. Same gametype as dustbowl but totally different =)

LunchBox

L1: Registered
Jun 13, 2009
wow, i hereby nominate this the worst idea ever
don´t you feel no shame, don´t you feel dirty?
i smell the downfall of custom maps after a flood of uninspired altered valve maps

look at db_heights or pl_dustbowl.... both play way worse then original dustbowl and they also look shitty, like somebody took a perfect cake and punched holes into it to see what the filling is....

if you try to alter valve maps..... i order you to step away from hammer until you come up with your own ideas.

I agree 100% percent with that. I am new to hammer myself but i will never edit and release a valve map. There is a reason they are called custom maps...because they are custom not valve maps that have been tweaked :D

but i changed my mind. This made me get back into map making. Gonna make a totally new cp_Duskbowl now. Same gametype as dustbowl but totally different =)
As long as it is completely custom and made from scratch i dont see anyone having a problem with it :D