JoshuaC

L420: High Member
Sep 2, 2008
Collecting.
MyCollectionUpdated.jpg

And shooting.
Glock2-1.jpg

Also I keep 3 wolf spiders.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3HMZ6k7Z0E"]YouTube - Spiders Feeding[/ame]

ratclaw

L2: Junior Member
Feb 2, 2009
You don't mean... People actually do things other than mapping?!?!?

Wow where have I been all these years?

Pink_Panther

L3: Member
Dec 14, 2008
i tend to believe that people putting massive amount of time into maps must have some creativity in them, so my question is, what else do you do to release your creativity?

music, arts, dance, graffity, baking, knitting, video-editing?

Well, you asked for it...get ready for the dorkness to astound you.

Over the years of doing this i have:
-text based game programming and other random physics based routines for no reason
-3d computer graphics
-web pages using only Notepad and my 3d images
-started writing a book on MSAccess interfaces(never finished)
-picked on my wife mercilessly (definatly an art form)

and the ultimate in dork...
-made chain maille armor (its manly knitting because you use pliers and wire cutters)

ProfFiendish

Nov 15, 2008
I'm a musician, and by musician I mean I play real instruments. :p My main instrument is the cello which I have been playing for over 3/4 of my life, and I just picked up the ocarina. Ocarinas are awesome.

When I'm not mapping (which is most of the time) I'm practicing my ass off on cello. Oh, and school.

psihomir

L4: Comfortable Member
Mar 17, 2008
Studying. I hate sessions.

I'm currently trying to balance between studying and mapping, when I know I should be doing only one of them - and I don't mean the mapping :)

Aug 19, 2008
Nice videoediting, i don´t know a bit about doing good camara-rides in the engine, need to learn that for the introduction-video for cashworks, so, expect many questions :)

atm my life is shifting more towards studies than mapping, although i can´t complain, i´m studying illustration :)

some recent scribbles and concepts i put together in the last two weeks

volvo.jpg

ipod04.jpg

volvo2.jpg

vodafone01.jpg

ipod01.jpg

ipod03copy.jpg

ipod02copy.jpg

non-related question: how do i make those big pictures appear as small icons in my post?

Last edited:

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009
When I'm not mapping, I'm fapping.

Actually either playing TF2, Crono trigger, or doing school work.

Aug 19, 2008
now that i look back at the process making my bankvault model, it isn´t that complicated either, but getting to the point where you understand every detail is tricky ^^

same with displacements, optimization, visleafs, etc..... :D

point is, i will bother you anyway, harharhar....

StoneFrog

L6: Sharp Member
May 28, 2008
My daily routine is composed of two major lists:

Things I Do Against My Free Will
-School
-Homework

Things I Do of My Own Free Will
-Map
-Eat
-Use the Bathroom

:D

In all seriousness, I'm a big Valve junkie so I'm often playing things on Steam. I'm a big Goldsrc fan and am usually playing Sven Co-op, TFC, or even HLDM sometimes when I'm really bored. Quite frankly, TF2 is fun to map for but I don't play it nearly as often as I map for it. I find myself, if anything, playing OTHER TF games to satisfy my TF cravings.

I also sometimes play Custom-TF which is the sole surviving form of QuakeWorld Team Fortress. It's good fun and the fanbase has been growing again so I've been playing it quite frequently lately.

I also maintain a blog chock full of loathing, hatred, and rants with a friend of mine.

EDIT: Ah yes, and I'm a big fan of archery. I have my own equipment, a Nirk Rebel Recuve Bow (it's nothing special, but of course I'm not the tallest person around so my selections are limited). :)

Last edited:

kwagner

Feb 28, 2009
- Work
- non-computer games (pen'n'paper RPGs, board & wargames)
- Too much TV (need to reduce that)
- Projects around the house (upkeep, renovations)
- Play with my sports car (autocrosses, or just driving around)
- Events with a variety of friends (parties, campouts, medieval & sci-fi stuff)
- Lately a little golf (weirds me out to say that.)
-

Firewood

L1: Registered
Dec 13, 2008
building a flat bed for a pickup.
flatbed004.jpg

back in my younger days. we would pull all nighters in -20 and lower weather. fixing up beater trucks for no good reason. than wheeling the piss out of them.

flatbed2005.jpg

usual stomping grounds
33471677.jpg

ccff5eec.jpg

this is my town car.

100_0233.jpg

Last edited: