Weirdness with servers..

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by Daedryon, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Daedryon

Daedryon L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Anyone know why a vast majority of TF2 servers (mostly custom map using servers) have passwords all of a sudden?

I've had people come into my server (completely filling it), complaining about how nearly every idle server has a password now.

Any particular reason why?

2. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Because the owners have mates and those mates get higher priority then anyone else.

3. Daedryon

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah but if that's the case, I do believe most servers use reserved slots, instead of a password.

And this little nuisance first started when the Demo vs Soldier update was publicly released.

4. Locutus

Locutus L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I noticed that even the big pub servers (TCO, etc) are getting passwords out of nowhere.

I think the owners are just getting tired of having nowhere to idle.

5. Flame

aa Flame

Positive Ratings:
    idling is for stupids.

12 hats, no idling

6. Daedryon

Positive Ratings:
    Weird part is, my server (hosted on FragFestGamers.com) just went down...sorta.

I stopped it to upload a new version of a map I made, and a Team Switch plugin for Source Mod so I can switch Spectators onto teams.

When I restarted it, and refreshed my list of favorites (where I put my server onto for easy access), it didn't appear.

I've been restarting my server over and over, and it hasn't re-appeared.

So I've resorted to emailing Karl (the owner of FFG), and I'm awaiting his response.

So first this whole password crap, now my server goes down.

And people flock to my server as its one of the few idle servers without a password.

7. Tapp

Tapp L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Idlers in spec=server crash
    They're being cautious until the idlers realise they can just use a listen server.