KotH waterworks

Schrikvis

L1: Registered
Aug 3, 2011
Actually, in the only gameday I've submitted this to so far, that was the case. The team that capped the point first won the 3 games. (although it was always the same team so I passed it off as unbalanced teams) but in any case, I'll definitely look into adding more high ground.

By that do you mean that there is not enough sentry spots or that there is too many good ones?

There's 2 (really) good ones for each side. That's fine. However, it's very easy to place more than 1 sentry in the one to your left hand while entering the enemy territory through the main post-point entrance, resulting in an almost-untakeable sentry nest. (With only 4 similiarly placed entries within the sentries' reach.

The other sentry spot, (under the bridge connecting to the point) is in direct contact with the ammo and health replacements. Resulting in a high-risk fast-health and ammo replenishing sentry spot.

There may be more, though not as obvious as most spots tend to be. Maybe you could give some visual cues? The balcony overlooking the point looks interesting but not REALLY fit. Kind of like the ill-faited balcony of lakeside, where it's only ever occupied by snipers.

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
but if the bots 'like' it, the same way a cat likes certain toys, that means that it's likeable for humans as well

Sorry to break it to you, but we played this map on gameday and it wasn't that likeable at all and i think map author can agree, there is a lot of work to be done.

Bots are only good for little tests to see if map functions and other little things, they are, by no mean, a way to tell if map is likeable for players, they function way too differently compared to humans.
I understand you want to be helpful, i respect that, but please join gamedays or host playtests with humans instead.

Bereth

L4: Comfortable Member
Dec 13, 2011
Sorry to break it to you, but we played this map on gameday and it wasn't that likeable at all and i think map author can agree, there is a lot of work to be done.
Gotta agree with this. The point was impossible to cap. It was just too cramped and too spam-heavy. Even with full control of the point it couldn't be captured.

Sylver

L1: Registered
Jan 29, 2012
^What they said, I'm planning on giving this map a bit of an overhaul. The map, right now, does not work well with over 6 players per team.