Water - Help!

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by roninmodern, Jul 16, 2008.

1. roninmodern

roninmodern L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    My water brush is appearing thusly from above, making all brushes touching it below seem like they have nodraw

[​IMG]

But if you jump into it it works fine and you can see the brushes.

I don't know what to do!

2. Rehsa4

Rehsa4 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Haven't touched water yet, if I'm not mistaken the water must be flush on all sides against something, everything with a nodraw texture except the top layer. This is just from memory. Hopefully someone will be able to provide more help.

gonna try and see if I can recreate it.

edit:

When I made myself some water, it works fine, however, when I go into the void it seems to do this, are you in the void looking in during this shot?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  3. roninmodern

Positive Ratings:
    no I'm in the game area. In my other map water works fine, so I know how to create it.

4. Rehsa4

Rehsa4 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I'm trying to recreate it right now to see if I can get the same result... have you tried changing the water texture for the top or recreate the body of water? I'm just asking questions as I am trying (unsuccessfully) to recreate what you are experiencing.

5. roninmodern

Positive Ratings:
    Ok this shouldn't matter because my map was already sealed...but i turned the skybox into a cube surrounding the whole thing and it works now...

6. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    Your map is leaked somewhere. Remove the cube, and do a full compile. Then go to map-load pointfile. Follow the red line that leads from a random entity to the leak. It helps to turn off everything but geometry while doing this, to make the leak easier to see.

7. Laz

Laz L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    big nono, ... prepare for massive vvis times once you get more detail in ;)

8. roninmodern

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah I know that that's bad :(

9. Snipergen

Snipergen L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    Ronin, just use load pointfile. It will show you the way to a prop probably that leaked, but the prop is 90% of the time not the fault of the leak, follow the WAY of the red line and you will probably see it goes trough the void/in your map. Most mistakes are a 1 unit fault, you left a gap.