Waste (CP)

Aragon

L1: Registered
Nov 19, 2008
We are running your map in the next round of our Custom Fortress league (run in Australia).

Will be interesting to see (cp_waste_b2)

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Gameday Bump.

How does everyone feel about the final point? Too easy to defend?

Apr 19, 2009
Way to long, for me at least. :p But you know me, I like maps that go very fast. Short attention span. :p Still it is a very fun map because I normally get mad if a map gets stalematey, but cp_waste even in a stalemate is fun! P.S. Fix the spawn door!

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Ah! I just found out what went wrong with the spawn door.

I mistakenly left out a digit in it's speed value... so it moved 10x slower :D

btw, How does everyone feel about the final point? I'm thinking of reducing the capture time on the CP by half.

Last edited:

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
I am VERY proud to announce that I have released the final version of Waste (CP)!

Waste (CP)
by Eric "Icarus" Wong
Email: ericgfwong@hotmail.com
Download from FPSBanana
Download from TF2Maps

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwOQxunLfew"]YouTube - Waste (CP) Intro Movie[/ame]

Special Thanks:
A Boojum Snark -- Entity guru/actor
Kronixx -- Actor
Nem0 -- Actor
MungoKing -- Actor
[AoC] Clan -- Competitive testing
www.tf2maps.net -- for all their support and gameday servers
Clan Woof -- for being awesome

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Even though I can feel its a little repetative to play all the different waste products, there is no doubt this map is amazing!

I personally like the cp version the best. Good job!

captainAngry

L420: High Member
Feb 1, 2009
We played B2 last night doring our play test and had a great time. I really enjoy this map and it is one of the better 5 point CP maps out there. During our play test we were split over which version (pl or cp) we liked better but there was no mistake that they were both quality maps.

I'll be updating to the final version this week and it is sure to become a server favorite.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
I'm going to be revising cp_waste since the competitive community has suddenly picked it up.

Changes will include making it easier to fight back once you've lost mid, and making it easier to defend final.

also includes visual updates ported over from pl_waste

Guardian

L1: Registered
Jul 27, 2009
Just played your new version on TF2F. I'm kinda new at comp and I was playing medic so bare with me but I noticed quite a few things.

Most of the people on my team liked most of the changes like the extra cover on the 2-mid door however we still had some problems.

First, there's currently a bug where if you rocket jump out of the water you gain double the height and if you land in the water you take no fall damage.

Also I think all of us agreed last capped WAY too fast. We need some extra time in case a scout jumps on it. It's also extremely difficult to defend. Most of the time if you lost 2nd, you lost the game.

Last edited:

FreeLance_FoX

L6: Sharp Member
Sep 6, 2008
You're supposed to take no fall damage when landing in water...

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
Firstly, there's currently a bug where if you rocket jump out of the water you gain double the height and if you land in the water you take no fall damage.

That's a TF2 bug, nothing you can do about it.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Updated to Build 1.1
http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2073

This is my update to cp_waste_final.bsp. Changes have been made in an effort to curb steamrolls. If needed, I could always release further updates with numerical naming--ie cp_waste2.bsp.

cp_waste0003.jpg

cp_waste.bsp
- Improved symmetry between sides
- Modified final CPs to make it easier to defend
- Extended capture time on final CPs
- Increased spawn times for 2nd forward spawn
- Added a barrier at the main entrances to bases for a less perilous push towards the center CP
- Improved visuals
- Improved optimization in the indoor areas

Last edited:

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
I only had one tiny complaint, and that was the small cap area for the final.

But then I realised I WAS BEING WAY TOO PICKY and it was very vital to the defence.

Love it.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Waste (CP) (Build 2.0)
by Eric "Icarus" Wong
Email: ericgfwong@hotmail.com
Download from FPSBanana
[ame=http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?p=58107]Download from TF2Maps[/ame]
cp_waste_v20002.jpg

I've ported over the changes I've made for PL_v2 over to CP, with the exception that I've generally increased spawn times for winning teams.