War3Mod map need working Nav Mesh

fantek

L1: Registered
Jan 25, 2013
Hi,

I got map from attachment .
I generated nav mesh using nav_generate but bots not moving. Can someon help me with that ?
I can pay for working version of .nav file for this map or for correcting map that will allow nav_generate generate correct file that allow bots to move and fights.

Attachments

• war3sourc_fight.bsp
    1.8 MB · Views: 12

Tiftid

the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
aa
Sep 10, 2016
Hello,
The navmesh isn't actually the problem here, it's the map objective - you don't have a control point.
Bots are only programmed to respond to a small selection of gamemodes, and if the map has no objective entities (and therefore no gamemode), they will never move.
(The exception being Engineer, Sniper and Spy bots - these have special programming).

You may therefore see better results if you add an unreachable, team-neutral control point to the map.
(You can also set it to be hidden in the HUD through its "Flags" tab.)

Hope this helps!

asylum

L2: Junior Member
Mar 3, 2024
Also, be sure you're using actual TF Bots and not the stock vanilla bots. To add TF Bots, type tf_bot_add in console. For regular bots, just type bot. You'll know the difference by hitting tab to show the scoreboard. Regular bots will be named Bot01, Bot02, etc- while TF Bots will have randomized names like Ivan the Space Biker, Poopy Joe, Ragequit, etc

fantek

Jan 25, 2013
Hello,
The navmesh isn't actually the problem here, it's the map objective - you don't have a control point.
Bots are only programmed to respond to a small selection of gamemodes, and if the map has no objective entities (and therefore no gamemode), they will never move.
(The exception being Engineer, Sniper and Spy bots - these have special programming).

You may therefore see better results if you add an unreachable, team-neutral control point to the map.
(You can also set it to be hidden in the HUD through its "Flags" tab.)

Hope this helps!
Ok , I created control points like on this tutorial
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eODRa3NqCqw
generated new mesh for it but still bots not moving.

Or I need add gamemode for the map ? But how I can do this ?

Paracetamolum

Apr 16, 2024
Ok , I created control points like on this tutorial
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eODRa3NqCqw
generated new mesh for it but still bots not moving.

Or I need add gamemode for the map ? But how I can do this ?
I dont know if this will help, add gamemode tag in the map name so game knows what gamemode is map in. Like koth_example.bsp (King of the Hill map) or cp_example.bsp (Control Points map) Low chance that it will help, but why not?