(VScript) Allowing non-Engineers to build single-use exit teleporters

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
For the past several months I've been working with PO10TIAL, a TF2 YouTuber, using VScript programs to help him realize some rebalance/weapon concepts. For the last major project, I reached out to Yaki for permission to use his give_tf_weapon script, as well as his help is solving an issue neither of us could puzzle out, which he graciously did.

Unfortunately, with Yaki focusing on other projects, and my own motivation having taken a sharp nosedive these past few weeks, we are unable to help him out with his next project, which is currently in the works. As such, I've making this thread to ask another fairly-experienced VScript coder to pick up my slack.

• Pressing "reload" while their melee is deployed (or a specific given weapon) will bring up a Eureka Effect-like menu, prompting the user to either build a new exit teleporter or teleport to an existing one. Upon using an exit teleporter, it'll immediately self-destruct, requiring the player to build a new one.
  • (OPTIONAL) An alternate version of the exit teleport mechanic-- instead of bringing up a menu, the player will instantly "rewind" to the position they was standing in X seconds ago. After that, there will be a short cooldown before the player can "rewind" again. If an enemy player is standing where you 'rewind' to, they'll get telefragged.

Respond here, or reach out to PO10TIAL on Discord (PO10TIAL#1010/po10tial) if you're interested.

You will be paid in compensation for your work, either by me or PO10TIAL himself.

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
It's been a couple months, so I wanted to bump this. We're still looking for a script coder!