Vigor

CP Vigor B2

Tezemi

L1: Registered
Feb 4, 2016
Vigor is a Attack/Defense steel style map. Each point making E easier to capture. The map takes place in a power plant, and each point represents a different type of energy.

Tryhard Trevor - Design and layout.
Mr. Spiffy - Door signs, as well as icons for each point.
Void - Nuclear waste texture.

Last edited:

Tezemi

Feb 4, 2016
Thanks for the advice! Do you have any suggestions on how I can improve the map itself?

Ein

Jan 16, 2017
It deserves the title of beta because I helped him test it before he released it. It didn't just START in beta.

Etasus

L420: High Member
Jul 24, 2016
Just because 1 person tests a map doesnt mean it deserves the title of beta... my maps get tested by 20 different people each and every alpha through the imps... and with 10 alpha updates under my map, thats at least 200 people testing my map, give or take a few, and not even that may be enough, I feel as though my map may go into A20 and further...

the appeal of starting in alpha may not seem that nice at first, but compare 1 tester, to more than 100 testers... which one is gonna be more balanced? which is gonna have the best and most pristine gameplay?

really, it may deserve the title of Beta, but maps should only be in beta when the gameplay is all but final... and it might be really well balanced, or it may not be... and if it had other versions tested before this, they should have individually been put on here, rather than wait it out until beta, as we have some great people that can test your map and give a lot of feedback right here on this glorious site... so use it!

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
Just because 1 person tests a map doesnt mean it deserves the title of beta... my maps get tested by 20 different people each and blah blah blah...
It's up to the map author what kind of versioning system they want to use.

Jolly _

Jan 15, 2017
you started on beta, and didnt even do an alpha stage? this is a terrible idea, as when you delete parts to redo them, you will be deleting alot more than if it were just a blocky map instead... i highly advise against doing this...
you started on a blocky idea, and didnt even do a terrible stage? this is a delete, i highly advise deleting betas... you will be alot more alpha instead...

Diva Dan

hello!
aa
Mar 20, 2016
You have a lot of bright props out in the background/out of bounds areas of the map that are quite distracting, like the powerhouse generators. It could also be a result of the fact that you have way too much fog in the play space and absolutely none in the skybox! You should definitely fix that. The skycamera entity will have settings for fog that you can change. Keep in mind that the tree skycards are unaffected by fog, so change their skins to something more appropriate.

Some of the screenshots are kind of useless, like the one that points at some trees and a fence. I recommend you should upload a top-down image of the map, here's a tutorial!

Also, you have a lot of interesting geometry in this map, some areas are really simple and some are very complex with lots of props. I like seeing varying environments in maps, but maybe the differences are a bit too drastic? I wouldn't know, I haven't played it yet- just a thought.

Tezemi

Feb 4, 2016
  • Fixed the nuclear waste being solid.
  • Prevented players from getting underneath the nucleus on the last point.
  • Made some wall lights not solid because players were getting stuck on them.
  • Fixed a prop on B that players could get stuck behind.
  • The nucleus prop on E no longer draws shadows which should make the bridges look nicer.

Read the rest of this update entry...