VIDE Not packing my map

RiverTamSong

L1: Registered
Sep 18, 2021
Please help Im trying to pack my new map for testing but its not packing I've tried using Pakrat and VIDE but both have done nothing Pakrat just gets stuck on the console when I open my map up and VIDE lets me open it and pack stuff but not save it. when I do I get the
File Error: Unable to swap finished files
Delegate Error: Flush finished successfully, but delegate is no longer valid
error
VIDE 3_22_2022 4_06_34 PM.png

all I did was open my map file in the lump editor clicked scan and auto to get them all selected and apply then when I went to save I got the error
The textures and models are portal 1 stuff I imported and its not much just some textures sounds and models

Quick note:
When I try opening my map in GCFScape it freezes GCFScape

Kunny

L2: Junior Member
Jan 2, 2017
Did you make sure to set it to the proper game directory when you scanned?
1648078791485.png

Should be something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
Sounds like the map could be corrupt. Can you explain each step of your compile process? You may have done something to the map that prevents it from being packed.

I strongly advise *against* using Pakrat. Once it finishes, you can *never pack anything into that map again*.
VIDE is good for spot-packing and has some nifty tools but its auto-packing feature leaves a lot to be desired.
CompilePalX has a very good auto-packer which should pick up all your custom content. I strongly recommend it.
It's actually a 'batch compile tool' which can handle everything in the compile process for you.