Valve has replied!

Colt Seavers

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 30, 2007
I don't see the response as being anywhere near as dismissive as some seem to think it is. It's quite encouraging, and is about as close as a promise as anyone's going to get from Valve. Sure it would be nice if he'd hit up a few specific points so we had a better idea what's going to get addressed sooner rather than later, but that'd just be the cherry on top. What we got is still a pretty darn good sundae.

spot on. nice work guys :cool:

Sacrifist

L3: Member
Nov 21, 2007
Very good find.

TFC could apparently do a lot of different things (never played it myself), and I would like a system like this to come to TF2. It would extend the games longevity indefinitely.

I have a gamemode test level all set up and the only caveat is the fact I can't set a certain team to damage func_breakables.

They're having a discussion with Tony Sergi about a damage filter that can be configured for TF2, since the one we have doesn't work.

Didnt have to really find it. Im the one that challenged Tony to show us how to get it to work, which it didnt lol.

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

L10: Glamorous Member
Apr 12, 2008
Hah, nice. I had seen that a while ago while looking for an answer to why my achievement was stuck at 10/10, and read the first page or two of the post. Best part was "you can do all of those things if TF2" followed by "so, how do you get a third team?".

And yes, TFC you could pretty much do anything you wanted. And it supported 4 teams (go yellow and green!).

Corion

L2: Junior Member
May 17, 2008
In that case lets plan a day trip to valve HQ. wouldn't that just be the most epic even of the century [so far]

Seattle here we come!
Only if we Cosplay the entire trip as a Payload map.
Anyone got a mine cart with a comically huge bomb on it?

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007

Oh that would be awesome, can you imagine 20-30 of us turning up on valves doorstep one day (posibly all dressed as blu team) with a payload cart.

I think they'd shit themselves, laugh for about 4 hours solid, then give us all the respect it would be posible to give.

Foreverkul

L4: Comfortable Member
Apr 12, 2008
Anyone got a mine cart with a comically huge bomb on it?

tf2halloween2.jpg

I think that would be weird but go for it if you want to.

ryodoan

Resident Bum
Nov 2, 2007
Some people I know dressed up as a Blue Team for Halloween, had a spy, engineer, a soldier, and a scout.

Spike

L10: Glamorous Member
Feb 13, 2008
I would like to dress as Spy or Scout