Valdez

CP Valdez a12

Silverus

L3: Member
Jun 19, 2011
Gameday bump. So the main things to do are make every arrow point to the center, and make the cap time on the second point longer, from what ive heard. Anything else???

Silverus

Jun 19, 2011
A9 is out! It mainly just cuts down on sightlines. I was going to do some other things, but I had to get a new one out for the gameday! Download!

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
If this was the map we played tonight, it's far too overscaled.

waxpax

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 25, 2011
You forgot to clip some roofs:
7xjDw.jpg

rjm4m.jpg

pretty sure it's both sides, it was on a8, I was just slow on posting it. I did not check both sides when I was on your map though:
nGnDO.jpg

I assume this is an overlay, people with dx8 can't see overlays and thus will probably be confused by your first forward:
aaxBk.jpg

You might want to try moving the forward somewhere where all you have to do is run forward to find the point, maybe above the door in this wall?:
LSSh2.jpg

Oh, yeah, I know you fixed this hole I told you about earlier:
UzShC.jpg

but the way it is now, is the hole will eat rockets and pipes since they can still get thru your player clip, you might eventually want to throw something in there or make a displacement or add a bullet block or something so bombers don't complain about disappearing rockets in that spot.

Silverus

Jun 19, 2011
A tip of the hat to everyone who gave feedback so far. ATM I am working on making the map a bit smaller, cause it was huge before, working on optimization for the first time, and changing the second point, some people didn't like it, including myself after a bit of thought. Expect A10 out sometime next week!

waxpax

Feb 25, 2011
That's probably more correct, Sergis, I've just always assumed it was part of dx8 since everyone I know who uses dx8 complains about it, but all of them are also running fpsconfigs.

Silverus

Jun 19, 2011
Damnit! I swore I checked for the map name... i couldnt find it. thanks for that though. anyone have an idea for a good name for the map? When i detail it, the ressource that the teams are fighting over is some pipelines, in alaska or something.

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
Damnit! I swore I checked for the map name... i couldnt find it. thanks for that though. anyone have an idea for a good name for the map? When i detail it, the ressource that the teams are fighting over is some pipelines, in alaska or something.

Ask Muffin if you can use name black gold, that would be very fitting name.

Silverus

Jun 19, 2011
Gameday bump. Howd everyone find the much altered new version? The main thing i noticed is that i need to make the final cap time much longer. anything else???

Silverus

Jun 19, 2011
Ask Muffin if you can use name black gold, that would be very fitting name.

Sounds like an option :D. Thanks, although I'm not certain that cp_blackgold would sound like a good name. I mean, I get what the name means, it's just that it doesn't really kind of roll off the tip of your tongue, so to speak, probably because it is 2 colours put in one name.

waxpax

Feb 25, 2011
cp_crude
cp_sleet / cp_hail (these might require some weather, idk)
cp_whiteout
cp_pipe(s) (pretty dumb, but the obvious of pipeline is obviously taken)
cp_refinery (probably taken already)
cp_methane (make a natural gas pipeline, idk)

Those are what I can think of atm while I'm trying to fall asleep by wasting time on a forum, no idea if any are reserved or if any are even that good.

Silverus

Jun 19, 2011
cp_crude
cp_sleet / cp_hail (these might require some weather, idk)
cp_whiteout
cp_pipe(s) (pretty dumb, but the obvious of pipeline is obviously taken)
cp_refinery (probably taken already)
cp_methane (make a natural gas pipeline, idk)

Those are what I can think of atm while I'm trying to fall asleep by wasting time on a forum, no idea if any are reserved or if any are even that good.

Thanks for the names! I've thought about it overnight, and I think cp_Valdez would be a fitting name, and might make for some interesting skybox detail (a mountain range on one side, and a seaport on the other), as well as fitting with the theme (it's in alaska, and has a pipeline/oil refinery or something. Ill check the availability after school. But thanks anyways for the names, waxpax and wankhouse!

Silverus

Jun 19, 2011
OK, im officially changing the name to cp_valdez, in a10a. If you find a map that already has that name, which i doubt, please tell me asap. Also, a10a is out! Download!

waxpax

Feb 25, 2011
We pugged your map last night. People didn't really enjoy it. The map is a bit big for 6s and some of the distances between points are a little skewed. LIke, last to 2nd is really close but 2nd to 3rd is really quite far and maze-like. Pretty sure most of us got lost at least once on the map, that is partly due to the map being new, but there are a lot of paths throughout your map that probably contributed as well. People did think it had some interesting geometry, most people liked last but just thought it was too big, a few even said how it would make a good pub map but that it was just too big for 6s.

On the note of the map being a bit big, when I ran kritz to mid, I would arrive with ~70%, that's probably about 10-20% more than I would have on, say, blands or gran.

The stv is below, if you want it; not sure if it'll be really useful, though, since the pug sort of broke down mid way through. Also, some people got a bit mad during the pug and vented a bit in the chat, I'm still giving you the stv in the off chance you can learn something from it, just be aware that some people insult your map and be prepared to ignore it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?x8jx6gtu4xtc938

Silverus

Jun 19, 2011
We pugged your map last night. People didn't really enjoy it. The map is a bit big for 6s and some of the distances between points are a little skewed. LIke, last to 2nd is really close but 2nd to 3rd is really quite far and maze-like. Pretty sure most of us got lost at least once on the map, that is partly due to the map being new, but there are a lot of paths throughout your map that probably contributed as well. People did think it had some interesting geometry, most people liked last but just thought it was too big, a few even said how it would make a good pub map but that it was just too big for 6s.

On the note of the map being a bit big, when I ran kritz to mid, I would arrive with ~70%, that's probably about 10-20% more than I would have on, say, blands or gran.

The stv is below, if you want it; not sure if it'll be really useful, though, since the pug sort of broke down mid way through. Also, some people got a bit mad during the pug and vented a bit in the chat, I'm still giving you the stv in the off chance you can learn something from it, just be aware that some people insult your map and be prepared to ignore it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?x8jx6gtu4xtc938
Hmm. OK. Thanks. It seems to me that the main problem right now is that the mid needs to be redone, for the most part, including the paths from 2-3, am I right? Cause the gameplay from second to last seemed to play fairly well, from what i saw. I could be wrong though. Ill probably be working on it for the next little while then i guess.

waxpax

Feb 25, 2011
Yeah, I would say the biggest problem was the 2-3 area. There are just so many ways in that it's hard to hold and can be hard to push. As a medic, I'd often be trying to connect with my team to defend 2, none of them would know how to comm their position and then I'd randomly run into someone from the other team that seemed as equally lost. It was sort of funny but it probably isn't the desired gameplay :p