Updated Steam Profile Badges

DontWannaName

L3: Member
Jan 12, 2009
Ok, I got it to not error out, it was a permission error with my host, they dont allow 777 as 755 is treated similar.

"If you are receiving this error for a PHP script, be sure permissions are set to 755 rather than 777 or 644 rather than 666 as we run on suphp which does not support or require 777 or 666 to write to a folder or file."

I added that example code to my forums but it screws up the posts images for users on Chrome or anything but firefox, what is the idea method to adding the code into vb.

Cameron:D

L6: Sharp Member
Sep 28, 2008
Hmmm I've been having a problem with it too. The status field just says invalid community data (or similar, can't recall now). It's running on my test box, which has windows so there is no need to chmod anything.

Barracuda

L1: Registered
Sep 24, 2009
I added that example code to my forums but it screws up the posts images for users on Chrome or anything but firefox, what is the idea method to adding the code into vb.

The code seems to be fine, although you could use relative paths, e.g. "../steamprofile/jquery-1.3.2.min.js" instead of "http://topnotchclan.com/steamprofile/jquery-1.3.2.min.js".
I don't know what breaks the post images, what images exactly do you mean? The ones in the signature, the avatars or those in the post itself?

Hmmm I've been having a problem with it too. The status field just says invalid community data (or similar, can't recall now). It's running on my test box, which has windows so there is no need to chmod anything.

Are there any XML files in the folder xmlproxy/xml/? If so, do they contain XML or something else?

Barracuda

Sep 24, 2009
Edit xmlproxy/config.php and set $bXMLHttpRequestOnly to false, then open http://yourserver/.../xmlproxy/xmlproxy.php?id=barracuda in a browser and report the result.

My users reported that the code I had used made the images like quote, post reply and more in the postbit stop working. I put the code in postbit using the example code.

Strange, this shouldn't happen. You could try to remove/skip this line

HTML:
<link id="steamprofile" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

and see if at least the postbit is working again.

Last edited:

Barracuda

Sep 24, 2009
Yes, the
Code:
-tag doesn't like HTML, edited the post above.
The config thing was for Cameron to see if his server is throwing any errors. The problem with your forum is probably just cosmetic, your proxy is working well.

DontWannaName

Jan 12, 2009
This what I added to postbit:

HTML:
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.topnotchclan.com/steamprofile/jquery-1.3.2.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.topnotchclan.com/steamprofile/steamprofile.js"></script>
</head>

It messes postbit up by making the images not load in the thread for firefox but on IE it works except the theme images arent there, just the steam comm image, the add to friends image and their name with a link. There is no header already there and above it is a postbit start hook.

I cant make the links local because its not in the forum directory.

Last edited:

Barracuda

Sep 24, 2009
I can't reproduce this error for myself as long I don't have a page of your forum where this error occurs. So I would suggest to save the produced HTML of your forum somewhere in a static HTML file.

Alternatively, as I said a page before, try to leave out

HTML:

and check if at least the postbit is working again.

DontWannaName

Jan 12, 2009
I fixed mine, I added the code from head to the head in showthread and the line
HTML:
should be steamprofile-theme. Then in postbit I added the dev line. The only issue now is that when I use quick reply or edit or anything that uses ajax to edit a post or make a post the steamid thing doesnt show up, just the background image from the theme. If I refresh its there so im guessing it has something to do with ajax or that I should add the head to quick reply or something?

Barracuda

Sep 24, 2009
It's the same issue as here:

The "Steam Community"-green would make the text
Edit: Looks like the script won't work for quick-posts, because they're created in a similar way as the profile status.

It is possible to make it work, but first, I need to add a "refresh"-function for the script, then the quick reply script of the forum needs to be edited.

Barracuda

Sep 24, 2009
Beta 6 is out now, I found a workaround for the XML parsing errors causing "Invalid community data". It is also now (theoretical) possible to support features like the "Quick Reply/Edit" function of vBulletin.
Further changes are listed here.

Last edited:

Barracuda

Sep 24, 2009
The links are meant to show the purpose of the new refreshing functions. You don't need to add them into your template.

To make use of them, you'll need to edit the Java Script code of vBulletin.