[Unsolved] Low fps on my map

Oct 6, 2008
Yes the original does, but if you have a decompiled version is the brush that intersects the skip/hint on the original brush or has that brush been devided into one or more pieces because of the decompile process. Sometimes with the decompile, you may need to take several small pieces and reassemble them back into one whole unit. Try loading the portal file (like looking for a leak) to see what's going on as well - if you have a s*load of blue lines in one area you may want to look at that area and see what you can do to improve it.

Gandalf

L1: Registered
May 15, 2017
Yes the original does, but if you have a decompiled version is the brush that intersects the skip/hint on the original brush or has that brush been devided into one or more pieces because of the decompile process. Sometimes with the decompile, you may need to take several small pieces and reassemble them back into one whole unit. Try loading the portal file (like looking for a leak) to see what's going on as well - if you have a s*load of blue lines in one area you may want to look at that area and see what you can do to improve it.

In my first message, i put some photos of the portal file. Like you say, the are severals parts with lots of portals (problematic areas). I dont know what can i do to reduce that.
Yes, the skip/hint brushes are colliding each other, so i think i just gonna delet all of them and build them again.

Oct 6, 2008
Oct 6, 2008
Ok - I just went off of you L1 rating and wasn't sure how new you were. You have a link to the vmf?

Gandalf

May 15, 2017
Ok - I just went off of you L1 rating and wasn't sure how new you were. You have a link to the vmf?

No problem M8. Im very new on this site. Do you mean my vmf? Or the vmf of the original map?
The vmf of the original map is in this site. If you need my vmf, just tell me and i will post here.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
I can't see anything wrong with your vmf, I'm really not sure what's going on. Have you confirmed it runs badly for other people too compared to the original coaltown?

taxicat

Dec 29, 2012
I went through and deleted all the visclusters, added about 20 areaportals, and 1 occluder. I am getting around 300 fps, see if it is any better for you

Attachments

• pl_coaltown_vidya_a4_t.vmf
    4.5 MB · Views: 189
Oct 6, 2008
See item # 22 - I looked at your vmf deleted all the individual floor chunks (the no draw one) made it into a single bush - brought the count down from 300 to 250. check your map again.