ultralaser

III_Demon

L2: Junior Member
Sep 28, 2008
this gameday was the most fun i've had in one of them... not because of anything to do with my map, but because i didnt play a single map that sucked. i had fun on all of them. =]

so what did everyone think about the current version of ultralaser? is it good for a big feel, without being TOO big? and how was the gameplay flow with the forward spawn?

i'm considering compressing the map a bunch.. bringing the whole thing together and making it all a little tighter. if anyone has any ideas about size, general offense/defense flow, forward spawns, or anything like that, please let me know.

Aug 19, 2008
the first part at the bottom of the hill seems a little, hm, useless?
sounds harsh, but let me explain...
people need signs that point them from spawn to the bottom of the hill, i ran around without orientation, when i arrived somewhat there, there were just 10 seconds on the timer, no time to set up a sentry, no cover to set up a sentry, therefore there was no big fight at the foot of the mountain, snipers were also too far away to hit reliably :/

the midsection is ok and plays fine

the last part is definately too steep for blu to progress, they have no launching ground for building ubers, and if so, blu has to pop it early because of snipers, sentry etc. :/

i already got the feeling that it´s too steep when i saw this wheelchair-unfriendly stairs in red spawn

May 23, 2009
You could easily chop the first point off the map with barely losing any gameplay, there just isn't much fighting going on down there its just one long push.

very final point seems a little hard to cap, there are so many points where SGs can look down on you and you can never concentrate on taking them out since there s either a sniper or two or a pyro raining down on you. it's kinda un-fun at that point.

HeaH

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 2, 2008
The part about the first point is that it looks so cool :p

Anyway, I thought the blue spawn was too complicated. Was hard to find out where you end when you go through the door and stuff...