[TUTORIAL] Map Checklist - Double Check You Have All of This Before Going Alpha!

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
Alright--gonna keep it in mind. Hint/skip are still a strange concept to wrap my brain around. Patiently waiting on Crash to get to it in one of his tutorials. I know there are some others, but for some reason, they're not getting through to me. Crash is a talented teacher...unless any of you have some (very simple guiding help for simple minds like mine)? ;)

Anyhow, thanks for the help, guys. I think I might be close to my first map submission.
Hint/Skip is very simple. Basically, when hint is applied to a brushface, that brushface tells the compiler to cut the visleaves there. It's very useful for making the VIS compiler do what you want it to do. Skip is just used in conjunction with this so that only one face cuts vis and the others do nothing.

suber36g

L3: Member
Jan 20, 2017
Place LOTS of arrows pointing towards the objective. Make everything as CLEARLY marked as possible. Map like you're trying to tell a 3-year-old where to go; a quick look at Valve maps will tell you that you can never have enough signs.

I got an idea! What if the WHOLE map were made of signs?