Tunnels

PIPEBALL Tunnels a3

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
SnickerPuffs submitted a new resource:

Tunnels - Pipeball, now with (stationary) trains!

THERE'S NO TIME TO PUT A PROPER DESCRIPTION HERE!

Sightlines might be a liiiiiiitle much, and the black ball is currently way too jumpy, so expect an A2 build (or at least an a1a) before the end of the Jam

Train Bumper by Bakstratch
Dusk 'till Dawn Skybox Collection, by Void
Tom Cruise Cutout, by Rexy
Snicker's Jokesigns, by me :)
Pipeball Ball Models by R0nii

Read more about this resource...

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
T

The Asylum

I think that the white ball being lethal takes away from the fear factor that the black ball usually brings to the table.

My suggestion would be to greatly increase the kill radius of the black ball. You know the Pokemon Koffing? Yeah, that. Not just contact with, but just being near the black ball being lethal will really up the danger level and set it apart from the standard ball. How you'd do the visuals for a poison gas effect that would follow the black ball as it rolls along, I don't know, but as it is now the black ball just doesn't raise the stakes like it used to.

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
I think that the white ball being lethal takes away from the fear factor that the black ball usually brings to the table.

My suggestion would be to greatly increase the kill radius of the black ball. You know the Pokemon Koffing? Yeah, that. Not just contact with, but just being near the black ball being lethal will really up the danger level and set it apart from the standard ball. How you'd do the visuals for a poison gas effect that would follow the black ball as it rolls along, I don't know, but as it is now the black ball just doesn't raise the stakes like it used to.
I added lethality to the white ball because people kept begging to be crushed when the pipeball bowls them over. You'd be suprised how often I got that specific bit of feedback.

Adding extra lethality to the black ball, however, is something I absolutely want to do.

Last edited:

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
SnickerPuffs updated Tunnels with a new update entry:

a2: Last Call!

Just started the compile 10 minutes before the jam ends. This version doesn't have cubemaps because THERE'S NO TIME!!!

• Added a simple 3d skybox
  • Made the white ball slightly lighter
  • Made the white ball's "crush" trigger smaller, so near-misses are more forgiving
  • Thinned the fog

Expect more major changes in a3!

Read the rest of this update entry...

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
SnickerPuffs updated Tunnels with a new update entry:

Alpha 3: The Shredder Update

I've been detailing this map as I go along, and while there's still plenty of spots using simple dev-textured geometry I'm more-or-less still treating this as a beta-stage map in all but name.

That's probably not the best idea, so if-and-when the next version comes out I'll likely revert the map completely to dev textures until all the kinks in the gameplay are worked out.

--------

OVERALL
  • Increased the time...

Read the rest of this update entry...