Triplet

triplet b4

Remnic

L2: Junior Member
Jan 24, 2009
[*] The diagonal door supports were put there because those doors are really big and there's 2 of them in a major load-bearing structural wall. I think IRL that you'd need something like them in place to keep the structure stable and stop the door beamss from buckling.

Then in this case, I think I might know how you can replace the diagonal supports and make the doors "cleaner". In CP_granary, Valve added support rings on the large girders near the secondary control points at each side of the map to hold them upright. Perhaps you could add something similar to those on the door frames to make them look like the doors are being stabilized by the walls. Be sure to properly clip the door frames if you go ahead with this.

Aug 10, 2009
Too many lights for one room.

cp_escapist_b20028.jpg

Too much pretty for one room.

Boylee

pew pew pew
aa
Apr 29, 2008
Bumping for name poll.

I'm going to try and get another release of this out soon to fix the clipping, lighting and prop issues, but I'd also like to give it it's final name too. I'm torn as to whether or not I should change the name and pull the escapist logos. If I do I'll create new logos to go in their place, but before I do that I'd like to know peoples' opinions on the subject. So, feel free to opine away. :)

Boylee

pew pew pew
aa
Apr 29, 2008
Update bump.

Unfortunatley this version is rather laggy due to poor optimisation. I really need some help optimising as I'm pretty inexperienced at it. I've read this guide here, so I know the basics but I'm still uncertain as to how I can optimise this map much further. If anyone is any good at source optimisation and is willing to help out a little it would be greatly appreciated.

Boylee

pew pew pew
aa
Apr 29, 2008
OK it appears that geometry and models are being rendered almost all over the map for no apparent reason.
Here's some screenies of what I mean:
cp_triplet_b3a0000.jpg

cp_triplet_b3a0001.jpg

cp_triplet_b3a0002.jpg

cp_triplet_b3a0003.jpg

Also r_DrawPortals 1 is not doing anything for me in game, but I've not got any areaportal related errors in my compile log so I have no idea why this is happening.

I'd really appreciate some help with this.

VIVA LA NWO

L2: Junior Member
Apr 6, 2010
cp_escapist_b20003.jpg

r_DrawPortals works for me. If you go into the corner I am in, you render the entire level, but if you go forward (where you spawn), it only renders a little bit of the level. I'm not sure because I'm not a mapper, but those two gigantic areaportals at mid might be the issue...

Boylee

pew pew pew
aa
Apr 29, 2008
That's probably it, thank you VLN.

I'm running a compile without them now and it seems to be compiling a lot faster.

I'll post back with some progress soon. :)

Also, for some reason r_DrawPortals is working for me now. How weird.

EDIT: turns out most of my areaportals in the middle were merging during compile, creating a big mess of huge areaportals. Gonna subtly resize them all and recompile again.

Last edited:

Boylee

pew pew pew
aa
Apr 29, 2008
UPDATED!

Beta 4 is out, complete with areaportals and occluders and other fancy technogolical gimicktry, designed specifically to NOT melt your graphics card.

In short, fps performace should be significantly better this time around AND navigation in the central point should be much more instinctively logical too. So what are you waiting for? Go get it here!

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
cp_trifecta

go go go