maxtraxv2

L3: Member
Jan 23, 2009
ok 1 sec ill get the right words for the func and tirgger outputs

maxtraxv2

L3: Member
Jan 23, 2009
make a new func_door(doe door, duh :D)
then make a trigger_multiple on the floor and top of the elevator(where you want it to start and stop) witch ill call ed1 and ed2

then make a new trigger_multiple(ima call it et1) in the elevator(on the bottom of it)

now on the elevator func_door cange the outputs:
Onclose disable et1
Onopen disable et1

on et1 cange the output to:
OnStartTouch disable ed1
OnStartTouch disable ed2
OnEndTouch enable ed1
OnEndTouch enable ed2

then change the speed of the door for qiuck close and open

this should work, i didnt pout how to link the trigger to the door but i think know how

Last edited:

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Three methods you could do this, depending on what your scenario is.

The simplest is not to have a trigger. You're using a func_door, which means it has no option but to execute it's entire movement in one go, in the same way every time. Something (entity X) must also be triggering it to move, so could you not use outputs from entity X with a suitable delay to fire when the func_door is where you want?

The second would be to make the elevator a func_tracktrain and put additional path_tracks where you want the outputs to occur (they have an OnPass output).

Lastly is attaching a trigger-recognized object to the. Since child objects won't activate triggers you can't just parent something to the func_door. The best method to accomplish this is using an invisible non-colliding (debris) func_physbox that is moved along with the func_door by way of a logic_measure_movement.

GrimGriz

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 2, 2009
Try the logic measure movement trick Artesia taught me.

Make a logic measure movement named whatever, and set the "entity to measure" as your func door. Then create a brush-based func_physbox you tile with NPC clip, name it something like doormeasure. Uncheck clients on your trigger multiple and make sure physics objects is checked.

You can set the measure reference to the LMM itself, and say place it at the bottom of the elevator shaft. Set the entity to move to the physbox and the measure reference to the LMM, movement scale 1, and measurement type position.

The physbox will make identical movements to the func door, and is capable of triggering the trigger multiple. You can tile it with something visible to make sure it's moving right, and then retile it with npc_clip after.

lol, for the record, i typed this at 8:07 and got distracted and forgot to hit reply until just now :)

Last edited:

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Then create a brush-based func_physbox you tile with NPC clip
Ah yeah... NPCclip. I couldn't quite remember how I had made the physbox, debris didn't seem quite right to me but couldn't remember otherwise. (I suppose this sounds odd without noting I made that method up for Artesia)