Trigger_capture_area

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by gottimw, Jul 31, 2008.

1. gottimw

gottimw L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hi there.
    This is hard one

Well i have 3 capture points (caps) they work fine, however i wont to create a capture area that is not related to the gameplay ie not needed to win. So i just set up a Trigger_capture_area and i/o to give a reward to team that captured it. But when i touch the trig in the game *bonk* and i am in windows )crash( I have an idea how to overcome it but it painfull ( multiple trigs with filters lots of trivial boring work + it wont look neat)

It crash because there is no point_control attached to it (well i think)

2. Spacemonkeynz

Spacemonkeynz L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    The Trigger_capture_area needs to be tied to a control_point. You can set an output of the control point to reward the team once it is capped.

Capturing that control point doesn't have to count towards winning the game, you might have to mess around with a game win entity and maybe a logic count to have it so only the other cp's count towards winning.

3. gottimw

Positive Ratings:
    thats intresting point of view I'll look at it thx mate

4. gottimw

Positive Ratings:
    well i did what u suggested it worked... however in the pop up window (with final result) there is written "<team colour> won by successfully DEFENDING", thats a small thing that is a bit pissing me off. Any solution 4 that

5. ChronoTriggerFan

ChronoTriggerFan L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Nope, you can blame valve for it though.