Train Flats

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
That area between boxes isn't too tight. And what am I looking at in 7?

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Oh, forgot that one. The glass is on the same plane as the window frame, which causes the windows to 'stutter', either showing the window texture or glass texture. Just move the glass itself closer to the middle.

03 is the one that's a bit too tight; the space between the railing and the boxes is barely enough to move freely around.

The light in 05 is also solid on the BLU side; I took one picture because I didn't think that posting two of the same thing was needed.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
It was VERY wide, with too many paths and not enough vertical movement.

I'd remove those water parts and that little hut thing in the middle.
You could easily travel from one side of the map to the other without being seen.

Not removing the building in the middle.

Gerbil

aa
Feb 6, 2009
For some reason the screenshot button broke. So here's some picture-free feedback.

The map wasn't complicated and navigating wasn't hard. But there were too many pathways. It made getting the intel back a bit difficult. The "H" room near the spawn (with the crate stairs near the door) seemed a bit unnecessary. You might want to narrow down the middle walkway or maybe add some health/ammo.

I've noticed that you can get stuck in the walls in the intel room. You should clip the corners and the computer-holes.

Apart from that, it's looking good. Nice job :)

Caliostro

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 6, 2009
Map is huge, way too big IMO, and there are way too many sideroutes. It forces any form of defense to be ON the flag, and once you grab the flag, it's pretty much lost.

The excessive size and amount of routes dilutes the combat too much, IMO. It also makes it confusing to navigate.

Cut down on the width and alternative routes IMO, streamline the action more and the map would gain a lot.

sniprpenguin

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 14, 2008
Played this on the Gameday on the 6th, and I'm going to have to repeat what others have said about too many routes and being too big. Even though you seem intent on not removing the middle building, I will still say remove it.

Also, it seems a lot of the map was built with two heights in mind: the ground, and then the higher elevation that most buildings used. I would personally shorten the distance between the two as the sheer height made it heavily sided towards whoever had the high ground.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
The map is too wide and there are far too many routes around the map. Condense everything down so the action is focused and so that everything flows in such a way that you can't easily waltz across the map without anyone being able to intercept you.