The Über Update, Day Two

Doctor Paprika

L4: Comfortable Member
Apr 24, 2011
It looks like it means you deal 10 damage to anyone you land on after 3 jumps

it's only 10 damage, but lol

I will shit myself laughing if this is the case and everybody starts doing Scout runs and trying to Mario-jump everyone to death.

I don't even get the point. If it is 10 damage dealt to someone you land on, that can't really be of any real benefit, unless you land on a burning Spy or a mini-Sentry.

Still hilarious though.

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
Sniper stuff is interesting, in that a good sniper will pwn with it (NEVER GIVE IT TO BLOB), but i'ts uselfess for a bad one. Sort of like the Direct Hit.

Demoknight? Well, it is interesting how completely this set dedicates you to a subclass. No ranged weapons but lots of buffs to the charge.

Scout stuff is the only stuff i'm so far interested in. Hype is another fucking game mechanic, ffrrgh, but the pistol looks interesting, and the bat means i can get the triple-jump without reloading every fucking second.

Also: Sandman+Soda Popper+Bonk=LOLHUD

Sep 12, 2008
Also: New bat + Force-A-Nature = Quadriple Jump? Why not give him the ability to fly instead.

I don't want new weapons! I want new maps....

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
Sniper stuff is interesting, in that a good sniper will pwn with it (NEVER GIVE IT TO BLOB), but i'ts uselfess for a bad one. Sort of like the Direct Hit.

the problem being the rocket launcher is better than the DH for good soldiers too
bazaar bargain will likely change absolutely nothing since good snipers quickscope the majority of the time anyway but I'm sure tryhards will use it to show how pro and elite they are

I'm curious what the "third jump deals 10 damage" means. It's blue, so it can't mean self-damage, but then what could it mean? Goomba stomp?

the "third jump deals 10 damage" might be part of the advantage of the weapon, like "triplejumps but deals 10 damage" idk

Those Scout items are the best so far, at least as far I can tell just looking at the stats. I've been aching for a new pistol that shoots something other than spitwads, and a permanent triple jump ability at the expense of useless melee utility makes no difference to me because I just shoot people when I get close enough for melee as Scout anyway. Speaking of which, the new scattergun is basically a Force-a-Nature with testicles.

too bad the new pistol is terrible then
and you're right the atomizer is an unwarranted upgrade and even worse once it exists you have to expect any scout to be able to triple jump even if he has a different bat because you can't tell beforehand
soda popper may be decent depending on the execution

sniper knife is useless and boring
demo items are all really odd and the descriptions vague so idk

Feb 14, 2008
Wow, the scout weapons are actually pretty nice! Except for the pistol, which is a bit boring. But hey ho, at least they're trying again :D

Mar 23, 2010
I'm thinking the bat's downsides might apply to all weapons, helluva lot of downsides though 20% less damage and 30% slower firing speed, guess if you use bonk or cola, it wont matter for your secondary.

hype meter should allow you to triple jump, not the bat, mechanic would make way more sense then

that would be good.

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
I like all the weapons except for the snipers new Rifle.
And that's because to me it just seems rather pointless.
Oh great i get a faster charge rate :/ It's not a huge change to be honest but i guess i'll see when it's released.

Also I agree i do want a Arabian map.

There's one thing that confuses me about all this though. Why did I read Monday on Tuesday and Tuesday on Wednesday?
What time do they actually post these things??

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
I like all the weapons except for the snipers new Rifle.
And that's because to me it just seems rather pointless.
Oh great i get a faster charge rate :/ It's not a huge change to be honest but i guess i'll see when it's released.

Also I agree i do want a Arabian map.

There's one thing that confuses me about all this though. Why did I read Monday on Tuesday and Tuesday on Wednesday?

I think Valve always releases stuff around late afternoon or evening in America? If you're EU that will be like midnight or 1am, 2am, .. So if you then read it the next day it's an another day for you.

/me feels so useful

Doctor Paprika

Apr 24, 2011

They seem to post them roughly around 5 p.m. in the Pacific time zone, which makes sense because that's probably when most everybody is leaving the office and calling it a day. I'm just judging by when I see them in the US Eastern time zone, and yesterday I was refreshing the page like a total douche fanboy so I saw it within a half hour of it appearing.

Harribo

aa
Nov 1, 2009
I want the good old TF2 back, when you only could unlock weapons by achievements.

Why? how would that change anything for the better ? All it would mean is that all the idle servers would be achievement servers again, the new system (drop,crafting and trading) has no downsides over the old system whatsoever from what what I see .

Doctor Paprika

Apr 24, 2011
I don't think they should remove the drop system or crafting or anything, but it would be nice if Valve released a bunch of new achievements so people who don't give a rat's ass about crafting (like me) can get the items through actual gameplay.

Who care's if it means more achievement servers? People already idle like crazy for the drop items and market their crap on the trading forums. I say Valve should just pretend idlers aren't even there and reward people who actually play the game.

I just can't think of a good way for new achievements to work without milestones.