The death of Max Payne.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ryodoan, Aug 4, 2008.

1. ryodoan

ryodoan Resident Bum

Positive Ratings:
    I just read something that made me so mad that I had to tell someone, and unfortunately everyone I would IM is currently offline.

So I get to post my rant here.

There are a couple games that I really like, games that I have played over and over again. One of which is Max Payne. I originally borrowed it from a friend, then bought it when it was only like $10. In any case, I really really liked the game.

So I was browsing the web and I noticed this: Max Payne: The first great video game movie?

I thought, "Hey! That could actually be really good" Then I started the reading the article.

Half-way down the first of three pages I started to get worried, they were saying that Max Payne was willingly taking the drug so that he could compete with the people he was fighting, Ok, so not a huge deal, I could maybe handle that. I continued on.

They start talking about Max Payne going to his partners funeral and a confrontation with the head boss (the Asir corp chick) in a limo. Ok, more discrepancies which had me aggravated, and I was starting to realize that it was not a Max Payne movie, but a movie influenced by Max Payne.

Then this.

That is only when it starts to get good.

Ok, several things here, "be PG-13" is the first. The next is "bomb has just activated the sprinkler system" WTF, thats not even in the game!

So um yeah. At about the 1/2 point in the article I checked to see if the article was being sarcastic or was a complete joke. Sadly, it was not.

2. Vander

Vander L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Thats the thing about movie stories translated from a game or even a book. They NEVER get everything exactly right and it only serves to piss off fans of the game/movie.

Makes me so glad I read the Lord of Rings trilogy AFTER seeing the movies.

3. Snipergen

Snipergen L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm a huge max payne fan (wallpainting I did a few years ago on my bedroom wall)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So yea, I'm gonna be dissapointed in the movie. Mona looks good, very close to the one ingame though. But Max his voice is way off.

4. Trypto

Trypto L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    How did you go about doing that Snipergen? I'm thinking about putting something on my wall sometime in the near future.