The Axtinguisher!

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Yeah, they did manage to get the Gold Rush update out on time. Hopefully it doesn't take too long.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Yeah, they did manage to get the Gold Rush update out on time. Hopefully it doesn't take too long.

eh? no they didn't the goldrush update was set for "next few weeks" the first week in december... they were months overdue!

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

L10: Glamorous Member
Apr 12, 2008
Mangy has a good idea for the shotgun. I like it. Or maybe its just more fire fuel so that when you have someone on fire, and then shoot them, the burn lasts longer (or does more damage, same diff), which means it'd be extra nice when someone runs out of range.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
eh? no they didn't the goldrush update was set for "next few weeks" the first week in december... they were months overdue!
Then I guess Valve Time holds true.

Was still playing TF2 for PS3 at that time, when I heard about Gold Rush was pretty late I guess. When they had refined the release date.

Hawk

L7: Fancy Member
Dec 3, 2007
Or maybe its just more fire fuel so that when you have someone on fire, and then shoot them, the burn lasts longer (or does more damage, same diff), which means it'd be extra nice when someone runs out of range.

I like that idea. My usual Pyro tactic is to ambush people... if they run from me I chase them and continue torching them. If they retaliate, I backpedal and fire shotgun blasts at them. It would be sweet to be able to keep them on fire that way.

Géza!

L4: Comfortable Member
May 12, 2008
The igniting shotgun gave me another good idea for a strategy:
Shoot the enemy (this way igniting him), and then, unleash the axtinguisher!!!
(Combined with the sneaky bastard pyro tactic...)