Status
Not open for further replies.

krik3t

L2: Junior Member
Jan 21, 2009
... we didn't break any rules.

Code:
Steam and the Steam Software may include functionality designed to
 identify software or hardware processes or functionality that may give a player 
an unfair competitive advantage when playing multiplayer versions of any Steam 
Software, other Valve products, or modifications thereof ("Cheats"). You agree 
that you will not create or assist third parties in any way to create Cheats. You 
agree that you will not directly or indirectly disable, circumvent, or otherwise 
interfere with the operation of software designed to prevent or report the use of 
Cheats. You acknowledge and agree that either Valve or any online multiplayer 
host may refuse to allow you to participate in certain online multiplayer games if 
you use Cheats in connection with Steam or the Steam Software. Further, you 
acknowledge and agree that an online multiplayer host may report your use of 
Cheats to Valve, and Valve may communicate your history of use of Cheats to 
other online multiplayer hosts for Valve products. Valve may terminate your 
Account or a particular Subscription for any conduct or activity that Valve believes 
is illegal, constitutes a Cheat, or which otherwise negatively affects the 
enjoyment of Steam by other Subscribers. You acknowledge that Valve is not 
required to provide you notice before terminating your Subscriptions(s) and/or 
Account, but it may choose to do so.

Ankh

L3: Member
Sep 18, 2008
So cheats are defined thus: "may give a player an unfair competitive advantage when playing multiplayer versions of any Steam Software"
:facepalm:
Read your own quote before shoving it in our faces, please.
first: "unfair competitive advantage" - hats don't affect gameplay, you literally cannot have a competitive advantage in a game by having a different hat. and random drops are not gameplay - they're a random event that you in no way interact with in order to obtain. And there is no competition to find hats beyond a self imposed one either.
Second: "when playing multiplayer versions of steam software" - I was, by definition not playing the software, and I certainly never idled with anyone but myself so I wasn't multiplaying either. Hence the idler is not a cheat, hence around...ALL of that is invalid.

Oh and "Due to us not having a policy in place prior to today" indicates that this decision is not based on the EULA at all.
I trust you'll not be misquoting it to me again.

The_Ulf

L6: Sharp Member
May 26, 2009
So cheats are defined thus: "may give a player an unfair competitive advantage when playing multiplayer versions of any Steam Software"
:facepalm:
Read your own quote before shoving it in our faces, please.
first: "unfair competitive advantage" - hats don't affect gameplay, you literally cannot have a competitive advantage in a game by having a different hat. and random drops are not gameplay - they're a random event that you in no way interact with in order to obtain. And there is no competition to find hats beyond a self imposed one either.
Second: "when playing multiplayer versions of steam software" - I was, by definition not playing the software, and I certainly never idled with anyone but myself so I wasn't multiplaying either. Hence the idler is not a cheat, hence around...ALL of that is invalid.

Oh and "Due to us not having a policy in place prior to today" indicates that this decision is not based on the EULA at all.
I trust you'll not be misquoting it to me again.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooor perhaps their talking about the use of third-party software to affect TF2 which they had warned about the use of in a prior post? Just maybe? :rolleyes:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I shouldn't have left this thread open for discussion really, its just filling up like the steam forums full of whiners.

(no names mentioned) just stop crying about how you dont like whatever it is valve have done or not done yet again. Just play the damn game and enjoy yourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.