CP Tethys

Egan

aa
Feb 14, 2010
Stage 3 does seem a lot better with that extra flank now. Although you may want to just clip the fence (or just make large observation windows) around the blimp area (except that open part if that's what you were goin' for), cause you just fall through the solid geometry of the blimp/docking area which is kinda strange. (and just high invisible walls may also be kinda strange, so observation windows maybe).

You may also want to raise the ground under the forward spawn or lower the forward spawn a tinge on stage 3, because if you run straight off the platform you take fall damage. I know you can gently hop off to the side and not take fall damage but most people won't know that, and even if they did they would probably continue to just run straight off anyway! (also, forward is a bit dark).

These steps are kinda strange.
Cause the bottom larger step is clipped, which is nice; saves me the trouble of jumping a tiny step, but the smaller top step is not clipped and seems just over 27 units cause I have to jump over it :'(. Kinda confusing, kinda annoying, may just wanna clip it all smooth.

This tree is missing leaves?

Should probably clip the tops of these off.

Not terribly important, but there is geometry fighting going on here.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
To whoever made the monorail and track props: This is the first map where I've really noticed the tracks, and one thing that stood out was the curves. They're too abrupt; it looks like the actual prop used is either very short or mostly straight with an elbow in the middle. The cars, even as small as they are (by the way, that's another concern I have; they look like TF2 people couldn't fit into them comfortably; they're certainly a lot smaller than any train I've seen), would have a hard time getting around those bends without just ramming into the bendy part.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
The monorail props were made for frozen's map, Perilous. He has a stupid track angle, so blame him.

Turbo Lover

Fight me under Glasgow Central Station
aa
Feb 15, 2011
Have I mentioned how much I hate that your map is riddled with these ledges just high enough that only Soldiers/Demomen can really get up them?

5HgXr.jpg

5Hh3Z.jpg

5Hh5j.jpg

5Hh8n.jpg

5Hhb2.jpg

5HhEB.jpg

I'm not saying make all of them accessible by all classes, but at least make some of these reachable by a Scout's double jump.

Last time I tested this map, I found myself entire unable to get past these areas in stage 3. I saw the final point once, and that was after we lost.

5Hhyf.jpg

5HhzV.jpg

Mar 23, 2010
I think you could do something more interesting with the area behind 1-2. You just get there and then do nothing and turn back. Maybe have the ledge for red extend only out to the rock? At least gives you a bit more space to work with, to spam the point, etc..

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
I'm in the process of rebuilding the stage 3 red base completely anyway, but thanks for the feedback.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Personally I never found the ledges especially annoying, and I do have that problem with Gravel Pit. I think it's because, in this map, the lower routes you're forced to stick to at least lead somewhere.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Although I'm still making changes to stage 1 and 2, for the next few versions I am going to orphan off stage 3 as many of you have suggested.

I still plan to make heavy changes to the earlier stages, stage 2 especially (Stage 1 is pretty solid IMO, although it needs a few tweaks).

I'll probably release a new version tomorrow with just stage 3.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Now that Suijin is pretty much done I was forced to work on 3-1 again, and today I remade it completely.

So,

2014-01-07_00002.jpg

Download!

a20 - ORPHANED STAGE 3:

Removed the full health kit from 3-3.
Clipped the airship off.
Remade 3-1.
Added a wall and broke up the ramp at 3-3.

Last edited:

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
The darkness is a big problem, I need to really do something about that but I just wanted the version out.

Thanks for finding those bugs, I'll work on fixing them.

obsidiian

L1: Registered
Jul 6, 2013
Are you still working on this map? Cause it looks really really nice and I've been waiting for a fully textured version forever...

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Yes, maybe. Maybe someone else is working on it. It's a long story. It certainly will be completed, one way or another.