Team Fortress 2 RPG-style story mode (GMOD mock-ups)

horsedrowner

L1: Registered
Mar 8, 2009
Sorry for digging up old threads, I got stumbled upon (yes) on the forums, lol.

I've got to say, this look niiice. Will you be posting some more? :)

And it would be sweeet if this made it into a real game. :D

BugMeNot

Dec 9, 2007
awesome job,

oh and I especially love the two dark tower series references,

thanks stumbleupon.

Hilmer

Apr 25, 2009
Very nice! I like the shop.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
1) Please don't create an account just to necrobump a thread that's been dead for almost 16 months.

2)
goldenhearted said:
this is not a mod or is it playable in any form (sadly)

The maps (ctf_2fort and pl_badwater are the only ones with pictures still up), however, can be played in Gmod AFAIK.

Last edited:

PotatoInTF2999

Sep 9, 2011
Tinypic sucks because it relinked most of the images to something else
Proper links will be fixed soon.

Mind you, this is not a mod or is it playable in any form (sadly). I recently got into GMOD and thought about this mock-up while fiddling with the game.

Anyways, the basic gist of this is that "What if TF2 had an RPG-style story mode?" So with my knowledge of Photoshop and the powerful GMOD program, I thought of making up situations and taking screenshots that shows these "What if" scenarios.

The following collage of photos will give you what I've done so far. Oh yeah, this is the first time I've used GMOD so I hope I did well :eek:

Anyways, the pictures will showcase the following events:

Heavy and Medic (first two party members) are looking for their friend (The scout) whose whereabouts remain unknown until they got a tip that he was last scene in the outskirts of Dustbowl. The two set out to find him. They ask around (even stopping by at the local weapon shop) and find out he could be inside an Abandoned Mine a mile from the town.

The local sniper is said to be the go-to guy when it comes to rescuing missions in the town of Dustbowl so Heavy and Medic set out to ask him for help.

Enjoy!

Boxart (Front cover is placehold atm)

Last edited by goldenhearted; 07-21-2009 at 01:20 AM. Reason: To add content
Yeah I think that looks epic. I might post my version of a cutscene soon. ;) I'm kinda lazy though :p I might post some time later today / tomorrow. I dunno. If i get round to it :unsure:

Like I Said, I'm Very Lazy And Forget Things Maybe I'll Make it I Dunno :p

1) Please don't create an account just to necrobump a thread that's been dead for almost 16 months.

2)

The maps (ctf_2fort and pl_badwater are the only ones with pictures still up), however, can be played in Gmod AFAIK.
Yep, That Guy who asked if it was playable in GMOD Is a complete brainless sack of meat who hasn't even read the first page of the thread.

this is not a mod or is it playable in any form (sadly).
see? He says not playable in any form!!!! Now stop asking if you can load it in gmod!

Last edited by a moderator:

PotatoInTF2999

Sep 9, 2011
What's multiquote? sorry this is my first forum acc and plus i got kicked off pc so i'm typing on a wii. MAN IS THIS CRAP FOR TYPING!!! btw i'm only 10.