'System cannot find the file specified'? / 'Map not updating'

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Sheltr, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Sheltr

Sheltr L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hey, I need little help here. I have no idea what Is going on, I started on a new map, area making a CP. And I made of course I a stupid move of not testing the map more D: So when I went back into the map. and for one the map was not updated, It looked like the last time I rendered it out, but suddenly holes all over the map. so I tried to close hammer and then re-open it and then I re-rendered it, And nothing has changed, I was on another site and they told me to try making a copy of the map with the same name and now I get 'System cannot find the file specified' Alright so I am stumped. :confused:
    (Removed my name from the list just in case you wondered why that is missing.) Also sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I didn't see a help area. I also checked for map errors and there where non.

2. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    That's the error where the VBSP log ends. That's a fatal error and the BSP cannot be generated, thus it can't be found. Delete/change the overlay.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sheltr

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks! Sorry I'ma bit rusty at mapping. :blushing: Been about a year, gave up said to myself 'when I get my new computer I'll start mapping again' And I never did until last night, Thanks again!

4. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    To elaborate, that error means the brush the overlay is on is touching too many other brushes, meaning it's probably too big. The one time it happened to me, it was because I tried to make the ground all one brush.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Sheltr

Positive Ratings:
    Well th'ars my problem.