Spire

laghlagh

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 15, 2008
All dev textures are temporary. The final version will contain (God willing) all custom textures and props. I will be going for a per-Columbian era (Mayan) art style integrated into the tf2 universe. This is of coarse a HUGE undertaking for one person with limited knowledge and self discipline. Please pray for me! :unsure:
I love you brother, I love vertical combat and I love custom stuff. Feel the love!

Connect_Four

L2: Junior Member
Jan 28, 2009
From my 10 minutes of playing your map, I have a few concerns:

1. Sniper has a tremendous advantage
2. Scale it down, pyros are sitting ducks
3. The ramps in the central tower look too steep but are still accessable

It is a great concept, but getting headshot 30 seconds after I spawn isn't very fun

iciz

Mar 17, 2009
Okay, I get the point everyone! :D

Universally the consent here seems to be that it's too open right now, and I completely agree with that after testing it out a bit.

All ramps will be converted into staircases eventually like I've said, witch I believe will make them feel more natural. No one complains about ladders being too steep so maybe I can make then feel more like that.

Last edited:

iciz

Mar 17, 2009
This new version (cp_spire_test1) we tried out today appears to have fixed the server crash issue that came up last gameday. I've watched the source tv demo and noted everyone's thoughts about the map. I've made a list of what I plan to fix / change in the next update based on this feedback below.

• Decrease all ramp angles by 22.5 degrees, This means I'll be adding twice as many ramps to make up for the fact that I'm losing 50% of there height. So it will take you twice as long to climb them.

• Add full health packs every five feet in every direction across the entire map.

• Add a sign that reads “This is NOT an frickin orange map!” to help clear up player confusion.

• Remove all orange dev textures that actually do not exist, and replace them with a nice neutral gray.

• Add pee jars to various sniper spots in the map to make snipers even more overpowered and piss off even more players.

I love you brother, I love vertical combat and I love custom stuff. Feel the love!

Thanks Bro.:D

Last edited: