Specific weapon stripping- opinions needed

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by The Asylum, Sep 9, 2008.

1. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    So say I was going to do a map where the classes only had two weapons each. You know, make things a little more challenging. I've got a list so far of the weapon set I have in mind, tell me what you think

Scout
    - Scattergun
    - Bat

Soldier
    - Rockets
    - Shovel

Pyro
    - Flamethrower/BB
    - Axe/tinguisher

Demo
    - Stickybombs
    - Bottle

Heavy
    - Minigun/Nastasha
    - Fists/KGB

Engy
    - Wrench
    - Building PDA

Medic
    - Medigun/Kritzkrieg
    - Bonesaw/Ubersaw

Sniper
    - Sniper rifle
    - Kukri

Spy
    - Sapper
    - Knife
    - Disguises

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  2. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    I don't know if that would really count as challenging. You are just removing the secondary weapon, which is just that, secondary. I'd say 85% or so of kills come from the weapons you listed so it won't be changing much. :/

3. Big Lou

Big Lou L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I know the weapon stripping script now crashes many servers after the class updates.

4. 3DRyan

3DRyan L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I agree with snark. It wouldn't provide much of a change in challenge as far as I can tell. The only thing I could see this doing is ruining the balance of all the classes. Taking away certain weapons can make certain classes lose an advantage that they need to have, or make them not even stand a chance against a class they are already weak against. Medics and spies wouldn't stand a chance against anyone if they were exposed without other classes to help them. I can't even count the amount of times the revolver and needle gun have saved my ass in a pinch.

5. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
    U'll need admin mod 4 that. Or point_servercommand, which can crash.

6. teddyruxpin

teddyruxpin Sr. Hygiene Technician

Positive Ratings:
    You could do it with a mix of sourcemod plugins and trigger_multiples execing against a servercommand. I do some similar things to give players HP buffs or color changes etc on my fun hosts. There is a new plugin out for sourcemod that allows you to do things like give a player who is a 'Scout' class the weapon load out of a HWG.

-Teddy