Special Cap Doors

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by SparkyShock, Mar 15, 2016.

1. SparkyShock

SparkyShock L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I am working on a map where i want it so when red caps, a door opens for blu so they have a new entrance to the point and vice versa. Can anyone teach me how?

2. MoonFox

MoonFox L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
  3. sooshey

aa sooshey :3c

Positive Ratings:
    First, put down a logic_relay near your point so that you can find it. The logic_relay is optional but really helps keep your logic under control.
    [​IMG]
    Next, name it something you can remember easily, for example i'll call mine "relay_capA"
    Go to the logic_relay's "Outputs" tab and add a new output to open your door:
    [​IMG]
    Lastly, go to the control point's "Outputs" tab and add an output to trigger the relay:
    (Your cap point name, and the team who captures it, will obviously be different)
    [​IMG]
    Alternately, you can bypass the logic_relay entirely and add an output to open the door directly from the capture point, but if you want your capture point to do multiple things then the logic_relay will help you keep them organized. Just think of it like a baton passing race.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SparkyShock

Positive Ratings:
    Would this work on koth?

5. Inventorkid

Inventorkid L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Yes, you'd just have to add another output on the logic_relay that targets another door, and another output on the team_control_point with "my output named" OnCapTeam2, along with OnCapTeam1. That's to make it so it's symmetrical, which a KOTH map should be.

6. SparkyShock

Positive Ratings:
    Thank you inventorkid and snoosh for the help