game?

• yeap

• not

Results are only viewable after voting.

Osspial

L2: Junior Member
Jul 21, 2015
uXmRZNM.png

Looks pretty cool. Why not add a bit of a background to the UI and make the text slightly bigger/bolder? That should make it easier to read, especially in situations where there's not much contrast between the color of the text and the background.

EDIT: Also, those spikes looks pretty easy to miss if you aren't focused on them.

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
Looks pretty cool. Why not add a bit of a background to the UI and make the text slightly bigger/bolder? That should make it easier to read, especially in situations where there's not much contrast between the color of the text and the background.

EDIT: Also, those spikes looks pretty easy to miss if you aren't focused on them.
I'm planning on fancifying the HUD a bit later down the road, but right now I still need to fix some issues with things I'm having

OctoBlitz

Sabotage related, and Tak approved!
aa
Jan 15, 2016
needs more hats...

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
iLTUPkK.png

What was all that garbage?

Oh yeah! This is significant! Why? Well with this, players can now complete levels, and I can start focusing on level design. The MVP is done, and now it's time to make it something nice.

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
9QtR4fk.png

A level select, specifically the first level of the game, and it's stages. I haven't given every level button a graphic yet, so ehh. But basically, the very top button goes to the tutorial level. The next 4 are the Stage's 4 levels, and the bottom button is the boss battle of that stage. When the level is complete, the C on it's button will light up, signifying that it has been cleared. I also plan on adding a collectible in every level, which is what the circle below the C will represent.

Overall, it's not done yet, but since I like keeping a tab on my progress, I'll show it off early

ExtraCheesyPie

L420: High Member
Jan 29, 2015
Those buttpns look like 3d boxes, especially with the shading on the lock-face

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
Unintentional, but ehh. Might end up changing their graphic at some point to look better.

Actually, I like the style. Makes it seem like the level is contained inside of the box, like toys in a chest, and you have to unlock the lock to open the chest.

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
Actually, I like the style. Makes it seem like the level is contained inside of the box, like toys in a chest, and you have to unlock the lock to open the chest.
Well, I didn't mean completely replace them, just make them nice and fancy looking. As it stands right ow they're a bit basic to look at

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
Well, I didn't mean completely replace them, just make them nice and fancy looking. As it stands right ow they're a bit basic to look at

That's true, but I figured you'd make them look less like boxes. I though the box look was a nice charm, especially if you show the top side.

Anyways, your game, your rules. I'm excited to see more.

ExtraCheesyPie

L420: High Member
Jan 29, 2015
It wouldnt look like a box if the other "face" was a bright colour

Osspial

Jul 21, 2015
Do you have any videos you could show off? I'm interested in seeing how it plays in motion.

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
Do you have any videos you could show off? I'm interested in seeing how it plays in motion.
It's hard to record GM games because Fraps is a piece of shit when it comes to them, so I have to do some fuckery to get videos. Also at the moment the game is still lacking any sound, so I'd rather wait until I get some in before i show it off in a video

Osspial

Jul 21, 2015
It's hard to record GM games because Fraps is a piece of shit when it comes to them, so I have to do some fuckery to get videos. Also at the moment the game is still lacking any sound, so I'd rather wait until I get some in before i show it off in a video

Try using OBS. It's a great tool, it's worked for everything I've thrown at it (admittedly not much, but still), and it's completely free! While it's a bit more geared towards streaming, it also works wonderfully as video capture software.

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
Try using OBS. It's a great tool, it's worked for everything I've thrown at it (admittedly not much, but still), and it's completely free! While it's a bit more geared towards streaming, it also works wonderfully as video capture software.
Well ain't that some shit, looks pretty cool. Thanks