skybox errors

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by cornontheCoD, Nov 25, 2008.

1. cornontheCoD

cornontheCoD L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    When I compile, I am getting this error. I am trying to use the lumberyard 2d skybox. The skybox looks fine in-game, but it is still giving me this error

*** Error: Skybox vtf files for skybox/sky_trainyard_01 weren't compiled with the same size texture and/or same flags!
    Can't load skybox file skybox/sky_trainyard_01 to build the default cubemap!
    *** Error: Skybox vtf files for skybox/sky_trainyard_01 weren't compiled with the same size texture and/or same flags!
    Can't load skybox file skybox/sky_trainyard_01 to build the default cubemap!

I went to interlopers and it said that the skybox name was typed in wrong. I know that can't be it because I copied the name exactly off the wiki

does anyone know how to fix this?

2. eerieone

aa eerieone

Positive Ratings:
    donĀ“t bother with that error, everyone using this skybox gets it. it is displayed correctly ingame, thats all that counts. just build your cubemaps manually.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Radenska

Radenska L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    That comes up on every skybox but one I believe, and basically cubemaps are not built into the skybox automatically, which means you'll get purple checker boxes on most reflective or transparent materials like water and glass. So, if you have those sorts of things in your map you'll want to rebuild your cubemaps manually if you hope to keep that skybox. This might be helpful to getting you there:

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Cubemaps

So, if you're in the early stages of mapping I'd ignore that error for now, cause you have to rebuild cubemaps every time you rename the map - don't worry it isn't your fault! :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1