Silo

KotH Silo V5A

A Smooth Criminal

L1: Registered
Jan 25, 2023
A Smooth Criminal submitted a new resource:

Silo - Who in the heck thought co-ownership of a missile silo was a good idea?!

Hello. I got Hammer++ recently for fun. I've never done mapping before and I thought I'd just mess around for a bit with the editor to see what it could do. Little did I know that it'd turn into 3 days of my life pretty much being dedicated entirely to this thing. It may not have perfected lighting or the best optimization but for my first map I think it's a pretty good effort.
View attachment 197610
It's (very loosely) based on a base I built in minecraft with a friend, which...

Read more about this resource...

A Smooth Criminal

Jan 25, 2023
A Smooth Criminal updated Silo with a new update entry:

New Areas!

I didn't know "A" meant "Alpha" and frankly alphas and betas haven't been how I've designed this map, so let's just go with nice ol' V3.
This update reverts the invisible barriers on the upper catwalk and rocket. But, to allow for a little more counterplay up there, I added a vent from each team's spawns that opens up next to the catwalk.
I also made the point a little more dynamic without doing anything too drastic.
I don't know how stable this version is; There were a few issues with...

Read the rest of this update entry...

A Smooth Criminal

Jan 25, 2023

The Rocket Lives!

Mhm, now it launches whenever someone wins the game. I'd like to make the exhaust kill everyone, but before I can get particles for it that actually feel beefy enough for that to feel justified, I'll hold off.
Where is it aimed at? That's a little above your paygrade to ask, isn't it mercenary?
I also improved the lighting in the launch tube a lot, which reduced compile errors and really lowered the filesize, as well as looking better.
Happy nuking.

A Smooth Criminal

Jan 25, 2023

The true V5

We have a smaller update here, but still one of substance. The two main changes are a slight rework of the vent to make it large enough to build teleporters in, and a bit of optimization with the rocket (It used to spawn sideways and had a nodraw box around it to prevent leaks, but now I've fixed that). Really, I think this is about it for now. The map ain't perfect but I've added or fixed just about everything that was too much for me to leave alone. I may come out with a smaller update...